The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Audi S3 or Ford Mondeo ST220?

Guest dangerousandy

Guest dangerousandy

I am thinking about buying a more practical car for everyday use soon (I need to sell my Starlet and move into the flat I've just found to rent first!!!!!!) as I am going to be given a large amount of money:d I only want to spend up to £8k as i will need the money to buy a place of my own.

I have considered:

Toyota Corolla T-sport VVTL-i

Volvo C70 T5 GT

Ford Mondeo ST220

Audi S3 225

I have managed to reduce that list down the the S3 and Mondeo, as I would like a car with a 6-speed manual box (my Supra is Auto), full leather Recaro interior and a hatchback with a decent sized boot!!! with my budget I am looking at S3's around a 02-plate and Mondeo's around 53-plate.

What d'ya reckon then......?

Guest dangerousandy
Out of interest what sort of money do these go for?

The S3's seem to be around £6-10k at the moment and the Mondeo from about £5k (ebay, Autotrader etc)

Guest dangerousandy
I have had an ST220 and it is a great car, lots of space, very comfortable and a not a bad turn of speed for such a big car

I have driven quite a few mk3 Mondeo's at work, but they were either 1.8i or 2.0TDCi's. I have driven the S3 and I like them, but I am edging towards the Mondeo because I will get a newer car for less money BUT the Audi will hold it's value and is cheaper to insure!! AGHHHHHH!!!!!

Guest dangerousandy
Audi, audi, audi, audi. I've had my A3 2.0l TDI for about 2 months now and it's brill, can only imagine how good an s3 would be.;)

Has your TDi got the 6-speed box? We have these at work and they shift!!!!

S3 for me. Mate has one of these in Nogaro Blue and it looks very nice indeed.

Pretty quick, relatively spacious although obviously not as large as a Mondeo.

Just in the process of getting it chipped which should up the power to approx. 250bhp :)