The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of buying an rx7 need some advice

johnd-mkiv

The RX7 is the best Jap car i've ever driven, it's a tight fit though mate, I dont think any RX7 (well the ones i've been in anyway) have any sort of steering height adjustment, you can get a uk subframe though so i'm told as this goes further back than the jap ones for more leg room.

If you crash in a TVR Cerb at 70mph+, make sure you don't headbutt the A-Frame... (No airbag of course)

Not trying to make it out to be a deathtrap, I know the lack of other driving aids (I've driven one myself (Speed Six)), but considering the cockpit, you've got a good chance of belting it (your head), if things go wrong...

Like I said before I'm just biased, my best mate who really knew his car died in his when he went straight on at a roundabout, I know other people have died in other cars (inc Suppys), but I don't know any that died by headbutting the A-Frame...

I Highly rate RX-7s, would certainly recommend!

Main things to watch for , as you can imagine , are engines. If looked after they will last. Compression should be good , hot & cold start is something to check on.

Only drawback with them i can think of for you is your height. Will be snug in there! Im 5,10 and i fit an FD perfectly!

http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com & Fduk.org are two good rx7 clubs if you are looking for advice.