The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Central locking still not working

gordy07

My central locking still isnt working i posted before and was told to check the connector in the door which was fine i dont think its anything to do with the alarm as the lock/unlock button on the drivers door doesnt work either,ive checked the fuses.

Any ideas:search:

What components could i swap mate,i dont really know how the central locking works i was just told that it could be the connector in the drivers door.When it first started playing up it would lock but not unlock if that makes any difference.Now theres no clicking or nothing as if it doesnt have central locking and my original toyota key is fooked so i cant use the button on that.Just the alarm fob is what i always use to open it

Thought you might ask that. I will try and explain as well as I can failing that I will post you some pictures tomorrow.

To the right side in your drivers side footwell is like a cover/trim that has a pin holding it in then it clips right along your drivers side door seal. Under that cover is where our alarm and locking system connector sits (Doesn't mean yours is the same but might be). The connector we have there has hundreds of cables running into it and they all to do with the alarm and locking system to use with fob. There my Hubby unclipped said clip and sprayed it all up with WD40 after giving it a clean cause he said there was corrosion. As soon as he had finished that our locks worked fine. So clearly there is/was moisture in there, which is no surprise given we live right above the sea on a cliff.

Worth trying mate. Hope my "female" explanation made sense if not I will get you a piccy tomorrow of where I mean. Bit dark now and I am half cut. :p

Cheers x

There is also one small connector in drivers side door. Take off door cover, and connector will be at your right. It is small white thing with 3 cables going through. Try to clean this and reconnect. It seems to be quite common problem, as search gave me few links to older topics.