The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New puppy

JamieP

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got her home, she is not good though, she can hardly move, ive got her in her cage as orders of the vet.

The vet has put her on a strong course of steriods and if she does not start improving in the next few days then she is being referred and having a mri scan (wish i got insurance this is going to cost a bomb, £600 so far) poor little thing, i pray she gets better:(

Yep, fingers crossed for the next few days, she has not moved an inch since i put her to bed, im not sure if i should take her out for a wee or not, ill stay up as late as i can and if she gets up i take her out.

I would just incase.

I don't know what type of steroids she's on but be warned they may make her drink and wee like a demon. Just worth looking out for so she doesn't wet herself in the crate then panic.

Sorry to hear this, take out insurance!!!!

Yea i noticed that before when Jake was on some for ear infections, when i had tesco's insurance on Jake the policy is a 12 month contract, so if he gets in illness the next year they wont cover him on it, bloody stitch up tesco's....

I know there are companys that cover them for life now but it left me annoyed so i never got insurance for her, luckily i can afford it and i dont care what it costs to get her fixed up.

Well if you don't care about the cost then get the Kennel Club plan. It's far more expensive than any of the others but we must have claimed 10k+ for our Dobe and they have paid every time no question and I don't think they've excluded it either. Premium hasn't increased as a result either. Highly recommend them.

Yea i noticed that before when Jake was on some for ear infections, when i had tesco's insurance on Jake the policy is a 12 month contract, so if he gets in illness the next year they wont cover him on it, bloody stitch up tesco's....

I know there are companys that cover them for life now but it left me annoyed so i never got insurance for her, luckily i can afford it and i dont care what it costs to get her fixed up.

I had Petplan Forlife cover on my staffy, and the premiums were spiraling to the point he was going to cost more than the Supra to insure. Instead I've got some cheapey £12pcm jobbie that is a 12 month contract but otherwise covers the same, and I'll trouser the difference and pay up if he gets an ongoing illness out of it.

Glad to say she is looking loads better now, she is still cage bound as the vet dont want her running about yet but she has really perked up, such a relief, we are going to gradually reduce the steroids now and hope she dont take a turn for the worse.

Just read this thread, so glad its looking better for one so young. Fingers crossed mate. Is she a beagle? Real cute. My old boxer Buster is interested hehe

Cheers guys, yea she is a beagle, she already has a boyfreind, my staffie Jake:)