The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto to manual conversion!?!

Guest madhouse1c

Guest madhouse1c

Pretty much as the title says im looking into the possibility of doing a auto to manual conversion, im a second year mechanic still learning etc and have had alot of experience with jap motors but pretty new to the supras layout/system etc (learning as fast as i can before i purchase) ive found a mint uk car after unfortunately loosing out on one earlier - seller wanted to keep it, cant blame him. Anyway ive found a mint uk car but its a god dam auto only 40k on the clock since 95 been kept in the garage and driven only at weekends during the summer so it still got its best days ahead, what i wana know and i hope you guys can offer advice is how easy would it be to convert a supra from auto to 6 speed (most probably getrag) manual? Apart from the basic mechanical principles which ive got covered is there anything specific i need to take into account regarding the supras design differences from auto to manual space chassis difference etc? If anyone has done a conversion would love to hear from you.

Guest madhouse1c

Sweet thank you mate, just one minor issue im new to the site where to i search exactly? LOL

Wouldnt have had to do it but sh*t happens seller wanted to keeps his which is understandable, but found another tonight after 6hours of searching the net and making phone calls to people, found a uk spec auto with 38k on the clock!

Guest madhouse1c
If the car is as mint as you say. You are much better off selling it whole and getting a cheap jspec. Might even pay for the gearbox in difference.

It looks pretty mint in the images ive received like above its been a summer weekend car barely used it. Wouldnt cross my mind ive had skyline and rx7s and always gone for uk models so with the supra it will be no different uk all the way lol.