The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your classic computer games

supradibbs

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Sorry fruity south's for sale thread brought back so many memories I had to resurrect this thread.

My old classics were

Super off road

IK+

Spy v Spy

Rock and roll racing

Street of rage 2

Golden Axe

supercars

Double dragon

Barbarian

Doom, Heretic and wolfenstein!

Indiana Jones and the fate of atlantis

Lemmings

Arcade classics

Daytona USA

Teenage mutant hero turtles & Simpsons

Final Fight

Streetfighter 2

Killer instinct

Some utter classics in there. They don't make games like they used to or maybe its just you don't appreciate it as much because they load in seconds. I think psychologically if a game took 20 mins to load you won't play it for only 5-15 mins as it kinda defeats the object.

i just bought the ultimate collection for the PS3 with things like golden axe, shinobi, ecco the dolphin and 5 sonic games i think. it came with 40 classic games in total and i got it to bring back some old memories but got bored after 5 mins with them so i went back to resistance 2 :)

Fantasy world dizzy was indeed a classic - and back in those days there was no internet to look up guides and walkthroughs! Hence you really appreciated it when you cracked a puzzle!

true. i remember feeling so happy with myself when i found all the gold coins!

i just bought the ultimate collection for the PS3 with things like golden axe, shinobi, ecco the dolphin and 5 sonic games i think. it came with 40 classic games in total and i got it to bring back some old memories but got bored after 5 mins with them so i went back to resistance 2 :)

lol - so they don't cut it anymore? That's a shame - I can imagine me straining my eyes on the pixelated graphics of yester-year. Would like to try some of the old classics again though.

I still have a 3do with 40+ games I got some years ago. I assume they'll become super rare at one point.

true. i remember feeling so happy with myself when i found all the gold coins!

Gosh you found all the coins?!?? I got stuck about 45 mins through and couldn't work out how to get passed a certain bit.

I do miss coming into school and discussing tactics and the link.

Final fantasy 7 was great for that.

it took forever and i remember my mum helping me too ;)

there were quite a few dizzy games, i think i had 4 or 5 of them. the first 2 or 3 were good but then they seemed to get repetetive and stopped coming up with great idea's for the game. i would love to see that make an updated appearance on PS3. i would probably buy that one too

That would make a good update.

Crazy cars was another classic I am not sure anyone remembers. Wish they made a remake of chase hq. That game was stunning!!

And the virtua cop series - anyone remember games master where that guy got the top score 9999999. I tried to replicate that score on the sega saturn but to no avail. :(

i had virtua cop on the saturn with a blue light gun. i liked the sega rally game too although i remember them only having the celica and delta in it with another unlockable car.

i think i still have that console with 14 games, light gun and steering wheel somewhere in the attic. i might have to dust it off and see if it still works

I started off with a Vic-20 donkeys years ago and played a lot of text-only adventures as well as:

Gorf

Omega Race

Hunchback

The Perils Of Willy

Jetpack

Pac Man

Galaxians

Arcade:

Space Invaders

Phoenix

Space Tactics

Star Wars

Paperboy

Pac Land

Atari ST:

Stunt Car Racer

Elite

Federation Of Free Traders

Super Sprint

I still play lots of these on either MAME arcade emulator or WinSTon ST emulator.

[edit] I also remember spending hours round my cousin's playing School Daze & Commando on his Spectrum

Yeah, I use MAME for arcade games. I downloaded it as a torrent with nearly 7,000 games and it just under 20Gb!

Not sure if you can still get WinSTon Atari ST emulator, but that's about 900Mb and all the games are on the pirated disks like Automation, Pompay Pirates, etc. there are nearly 1200 disks each with multiple games on them (quite a few duplicates.

Forgot about Dungeon Master on the ST, too. I spent way too much time on that game.

[edit] Stunt Car Racer was an early 3D driving game where you had to drive a hot rod thing around tracks that were more like rollercoasters than race tracks.

this has all got me wanting to play games now and i am stuck at work so i am off to the club arcade ;)

In the same boat :(

[edit] Stunt Car Racer was an early 3D driving game where you had to drive a hot rod thing around tracks that were more like rollercoasters than race tracks.

Yeh I remember exactly what that game was like ;) - its amazing how you can remember these games from over 15 years ago

Did anyone have a Phillips G7000 console?

Nope?

I did. I think they sold as many as 2. One to me and my best mate Nik, circa 1978

No classic games ever came out for this machine, but I thought it was great. In reality, it was a bit err...sh!t.

Here she is then:

Hmmm...lovely.

I guess I have no business being on this thread with this overall flacid contribution.

http://computermuseum.50megs.com/brands/g7000.htm

"Quest For The Rings" was an enjoyable game, again, for a bit.

Elite on any platform

Mike

Google Oolite for a new version, with lovely rendered skies and planets with all its add-on packs (called OPX's). Free download and very small. I've been playing it for weeks now and am once again hunting the Constrictor.

Google Oolite for a new version, with lovely rendered skies and planets with all its add-on packs (called OPX's). Free download and very small. I've been playing it for weeks now and am once again hunting the Constrictor.

Must... keep... away... have things to do for next 3 months...

That and Moria or Nethack. Jeez, small games well made are the most time consuming.