The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your classic computer games

supradibbs

anyone remember leasure suit larry? hehe

I sure do, I was in hospital when I was about 11, and my best mate at school's Dad was in charge of the Pharmacy...

Only my mate knew that they had a star trek game on their network, and knew his Dad's login details (He'd watched him type them in)...

So, as I was in hospital for a month, he figured I'd be bored (Although they let my parents bring in my BBC B so I could keep myself entertained :)) - And we snuck off to a remote terminal to log in and play...

Only the SysAdmins saw the 'odd intrusion', and we got picked up by hospital security, quite scary for an 11 year old geek back then, and taken down to the IT department, where (They were obviously told I loved gaming), they told me not to touch their computers again, and if I wanted to play, to give them a call and come and play 'this'...

Leisure Suit Larry at 11 was an eye opening experience!...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashback - Amiga 500

Shadow of the Beast - Amiga 500 (cool graphics and huge levels)

Vroom - Amiga 500 (one of the best car racing games in 2 player)

but,... the ultimate old skool game for me was,...

HUNTER!!

3D worlds, cars, tanks, helicopters, towns, boats, bulls, rabbits, sharks, bombs, mines. This game had it all.

How the hell did they manage to program all the code onto 1 floppy disc.

IK+ and Barbarian 2 on the Amstrad, Revs on the BBC, Xenon 2: Megablast on the Archimedes, Bruce Lee on the Spectrum, Sensible Soccer, Turrican (and 2), Shadow of the Beast, Test Drive 2, Speedball 2 and many more... ah so many lost days :)

FA-18 Interceptor seemed so realistic back then...

http://amigareviews.classicgaming.gamespy.com/fa18inte.htm

Those were the days when going to an amusement arcade was a treat because the graphics were so amazing, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore... and mobile phones are more powerful than the computers we lusted over.

HUNTER!!

3D worlds, cars, tanks, helicopters, towns, boats, bulls, rabbits, sharks, bombs, mines. This game had it all.

How the hell did they manage to program all the code onto 1 floppy disc.

Hunter rings a bell, I know I loved Spy Hunter but I seem to remember the one you've mentioned too, I'm too tired to be able to get any decent google results - do you remember who made it?

IK+ and Barbarian 2 on the Amstrad, Revs on the BBC, Xenon 2: Megablast on the Archimedes, Bruce Lee on the Spectrum, Sensible Soccer, Turrican (and 2), Shadow of the Beast, Test Drive 2, Speedball 2 and many more... ah so many lost days :)

FA-18 Interceptor seemed so realistic back then...

http://amigareviews.classicgaming.gamespy.com/fa18inte.htm

Those were the days when going to an amusement arcade was a treat because the graphics were so amazing, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore... and mobile phones are more powerful than the computers we lusted over.

jeeeeeeez i loved that game

jeeeeeeez i loved that game

Even using the blue wheel to confirm you had a legal copy was fun :)

I have it upstairs somewhere but it's probably one of those things you shouldn't revisit, remember the good times, flying under the bridge upside down... erm... that was about it ;)

What about Mercenary on the C64?

That was weird. You basically had this city that had wire-frame buildings spaced every so often (usually just out of sight of each other so as not to slow the 64 down) and you had to fly or drive around in any vehicle you could find and IIRC you had to find different items to get off the planet.

It was followed up by Damocles which was the same but better.

Also, Exile on the Amiga. Great game.

Driller on the C64 and my personal fave Cybercon III.

Even using the blue wheel to confirm you had a legal copy was fun :)

I have it upstairs somewhere but it's probably one of those things you shouldn't revisit, remember the good times, flying under the bridge upside down... erm... that was about it ;)

oh the magic blue wheel so many memories