• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyone have blues brothers for the amiga? that was a classic

yeh man! Blues Brothers was great...

Double Dragon

Street Fighter

Frogger/Toado/whatever

Pong ;)

Micro Machines on the Amiga was great multiplayer - 4 people around 1 keyboard hehe!

No one going for Tomb Raider then? Or is that not old enough to be classic yet?

For me it is THE classic game, but I don't know if its old enough yet at 12 years old. Amazing to think I'm still playing it on my Mac at work every once in a while.

If you're mentioning PS1 games, then the WipeOut series were the best racing games ever IMO.

Not old enough yet i'd say, but i wouldnt say it was one of the best ever games, not in a long shot

For me it is THE classic game, but I don't know if its old enough yet at 12 years old. Amazing to think I'm still playing it on my Mac at work every once in a while.

If you're mentioning PS1 games, then the WipeOut series were the best racing games ever IMO.

:wacko:

I remember Impossible Mission on C64. The start of the game "Another Visitor stay a while Stay forever" :D

Outrun was cool and Emlyn Hughes soccer

I remember getting Impossible Mission on the C64 free on a magazine. I bought Impossible Mission 2024 on the Amiga, and got the original ported in the same box.

Mike

It was a great game, but I imagine the age of most of us on here meant that we were huddled around a C64, Amiga, or NES... And that's the age when games were groundbreaking, usually as they had an extra colour or something... lol

if you are around 30 years of age you have probably lived through every generation of console/computer brought out, its funny to think that we were alive when atari 2600s and spec 48k's were all the rage, feelin nostalgic now, the good old days - 5 mates in a room blasting on the 'latest' console game

It was a great game, but I imagine the age of most of us on here meant that we were huddled around a C64, Amiga, or NES... And that's the age when games were groundbreaking, usually as they had an extra colour or something... lol

Ooh those extra colours ...

I remember getting my first Spectrum, and my mate only had the ZX80. He was astounded at the magnificence of this futuristic machine! Oh and that keyboard. Great. Well we were only 14 :)

I remember on the C64, you couldn't copy the games on a hi-fi, so my Dad got a bit of wiring made for me so you could plug 2 tape decks into the C64 and then copy a game whilst you loaded it... That earnt me a massive collection by borrowing games for a free game of their choice, or selling them alone for 50p :)

Reading this thread made me want to go and set up my C64 (yup still got it, bought new!!), but then i remembered the stupid tape loading with the coloured lines, and how somethimes waiting 10mins for it to fail loading and having to start the tape all over again! They were good times though :)