The mkiv Supra Owners Club

On CBS recently

CJ

Some good points...The gun attitude still bothers me. If you had to kill people with your bare hands instead (which we all know is do-able) there would probably be less murders.

I've had guns for over 15 years and none of the ones I've owned, shot, or handled have ever killed anyone, so I think you're talking the usual blinkered anti gun shite.

I've seen a lot of people get hurt or die via 'bare hands' at football matches though, so get on your high horse about banning them, eh?

I've had guns for over 15 years and none of the ones I've owned, shot, or handled have ever killed anyone, so I think you're talking the usual blinkered anti gun shite.

I've seen a lot of people get hurt or die via 'bare hands' at football matches though, so get on your high horse about banning them, eh?

What do you think about the gun laws in America? Do you think that as they are much more accessible the chances of them falling into the wrong hands and being used as tools of murder are greater?

If so, would you think that if the laws here were changed to make owning guns easier we would see an increase in gun related murders?

Also, I think your analogy regarding football is a little dated. Maybe in the 70's and 80's but the chances of violence at grounds now is pretty slim. Unless of course you were referring to Leeds United who regularly hurt my senses in a violent manner. :)

I've had guns for over 15 years and none of the ones I've owned, shot, or handled have ever killed anyone, so I think you're talking the usual blinkered anti gun shite.I've seen a lot of people get hurt or die via 'bare hands' at football matches though, so get on your high horse about banning them, eh?

What are you on about Ian?

Football matches...?

And no I don't own a horse high or low! ;)

Given I don't know you, you may well be or have served in the armed forces, police or a perhaps a member of a gun club or maybe you are a farmer...all legitimate situations etc for gun ownership...:)

And yet in the US they have real problems with gun deaths..that's not blikered, it's just a fact! :(

Right I'm now off to feed my pony!

Hmmm... not how I read it. Sure your guns have never killed anyone, but if something tipped you over edge and decided to pop down to your local shopping centre to kill people, I'm pretty sure you would do more damage with them then without.

Same theory, a 15yd old spotty oink gets turned down for the prom and flips, which scenario will get more people killed?

1) - Spotty oink goes to school with bear hands

2) - Same oink takes his dads rifle...

Nothing was said about banning, just that as Eddie says ... guns help...

Hmmm... not how I read it. Sure your guns have never killed anyone, but if something tipped you over edge and decided to pop down to your local shopping centre to kill people, I'm pretty sure you would do more damage with them then without.

Same theory, a 15yd old spotty oink gets turned down for the prom and flips, which scenario will get more people killed?

1) - Spotty oink goes to school with bear hands

2) - Same oink takes his dads rifle...

Nothing was said about banning, just that as Eddie says ... guns help...

Crikey! If he's actaully got hands like a bear, he might do quite well :p

Couldn't resist :D

The majority of deaths from guns in America come from small hand guns; revolvers / pistols. While can justify a need for a rifle or shot gun (if you're a farmer that is), i can't see whatsoever, a need for anyone to own a handgun. Unfortuneatly, everoneone in America seems to have on now. So its a catch 22 situation :(

The majority of deaths from guns in America come from small hand guns; revolvers / pistols. While can justify a need for a rifle or shot gun (if you're a farmer that is), i can't see whatsoever, a need for anyone to own a handgun. Unfortuneatly, everoneone in America seems to have on now. So its a catch 22 situation :(

The canadians also own handguns but they seem to manage ok without shooting each other up. ;)

We could have handguns until quite recently, legally. Then they recalled and banned them, look what that has achieved. Having said that, in a home defence situation, a shotgun is probably the most reliable weapon anyway, so I have never figured out what they were trying to achieve, it was just another knee jerk reaction that didn't involve anyone grasping the obvious but politically sensitive bull by the horns and accepting most gun crime in the UK is drug related and committed by Afro Caribbeans. Far easier to take Lord X's historical family collection of broom handled Mausers off him, in case he runs amok in the orchard after too much port, rather than do a few sweeps of the ghettos with the troops, and take back control of effective no go areas.

Having said that, in a home defence situation, a shotgun is probably the most reliable weapon anyway, so I have never figured out what they were trying to achieve.

I dont think they were thinking about home defence when they were trying to find a reason to ban handguns! :search: more along the lines of a 9mm being the gang members weapon of choice.

Having said that, if i was to shot an intruder in my house, i'd prefer not to take half my house down at the same time as the criminal using a shot gun