The mkiv Supra Owners Club

On CBS recently

CJ

Apparently this was said on CBS recently. So when does this become non PC, Racist, or any other phobic you care to quote?

Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE ?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa ; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe . I am proud to be from America and nowhere else

And if you don't like my point of view, tough...

Do you know what I think is the worse thing? The thread has attracted around 65 views and only 8 replies. Now that says one of 2 things to me. Either nobody has an opinion or they are too afraid to say anything in case the "PC Correct" and racist police shoot them down in flames.

Of course, just MHO. :)

Do you know what I think is the worse thing? The thread has attracted around 65 views and only 8 replies. Now that says one of 2 things to me. Either nobody has an opinion or they are too afraid to say anything in case the "PC Correct" and racist police shoot them down in flames.

Of course, just MHO. :)

The problem is I reckon, people are sitting there nodding at the items going 'fair play'. There isn't much on that list I disagree with. The bit particularly for me that sticks out is the bit about language, I'm a firm believer of 'when in rome do as the romans', and I do practice that when I travel as well. I don't expect the locals to change their way of life just for me.

Wonder if GrahamC and myself can start a dedicated section for 'African-Europeans'... and before anybody accuses me of racism, check your facts, that is an accurate description of me. :)

I've got plenty of pride in being British, although I'm sad to admit that the powers that be are more powerful than I am...

I'd love to stand up for what I love and believe in, but alone (Which I am if I'm here ranting in my flat), I can't do a thing... I'm not weak, I'm a 6'4" stubborn heartless ba$tard, but would join a worthy cause if I saw one...

Sounds like the guy hasn't cottoned on to the fact that things work better when you work together and help each other. I cant be bothered with political correctness most of the time i have to agree. That chap is so selfish though. FOr all those people that agree with all that, think of a world were only people like him existed. It would be cold, and if something went wrong for you, you would be screwed.

I cannot agree more with Andy Rooney's views, There's quite a few views there that i've held for a while now.

I don't think it's non PC in the slightest but I am sure there are scores of delicate people (not neccesarily on this forum) that would think his views to be non PC. Unfortunately it seems these are the very people that find themselves to be in postions where they can pass laws/ regulations against such things.

... That chap is so selfish though. FOr all those people that agree with all that, think of a world were only people like him existed. It would be cold, and if something went wrong for you, you would be screwed.

Care to elaborate on why you think he is selfish? Also, why would be screwed if something went wrong? That confused me.

Care to elaborate on why you think he is selfish? Also, why would be screwed if something went wrong? That confused me.

The various bits in which he implies helping out others shouldnt be his worry.

In his world, its all about number one, so if you lived in his world, don't expect a hand to help pick you up if you fall down.

Thats how i read into in anyway

Some good points there, I've argued with my work mate re the 'special' clubs...

But it's quite like some golf clubs not letting in women still... where does that stand?

I dunno, but if I were bored enough to play golf I'd join such a club :) Until very recently if you were Jewish there were quite a few British golf clubs that would go out of their way to stop you joining. Now it's just women, so are women nowadays more persecuted than Jews? Go figure..

Some good points...The gun attitude still bothers me. If you had to kill people with your bare hands instead (which we all know is do-able) there would probably be less murders.

As Eddie Izzard once said on attitudes to guns in the US..."They say guns don't kill people, people kill pepole...but I think the gun helps..."

Also on the PC front, it seems a lot of people these days seem to be getting offended on behalf of other social or ethnic groups...

For instance withdrawing a new version of the 3 Little Pigs story from sale in case it offended Muslims...I mean pur-lease!

These people (not Muslims) need shooting!

(just seen links to this story above...too late as usual)

(or at least mudered by bare hands!)