The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I normally park my Supra here,

heartworm

During the day my supra lives just outside the house, went down to get ice cream for dinner and returned to find this where there would normally be my supra

http://content.altnation.com/gallery/files/2/7/4/4/saabwall.JPG

A friend visiting a neighbour up the roads car landed on the garden wall after the handbrake failed. I got back from the chip shop to find it where the spura sits during the day, with the handbrake on. Its a new car too and its kept in good nick as its a company car, the handbrake was pulled all the way up and i got there before the owner did, he was thinking his car had been stolen.

Ive probably dodne about 10 miles this week :O

turns out he works for an engineering firm, might try get a work placement with them ;)

It's because people are pressing in the button whilst pulling up their handbrake and not just yanking it up with that ratchett type effect.

According Vauxhalls official comment on Watchdog anyway.

As if that noise isn't annoying enough :rolleyes:. I was always taught to press the button in. Thought it was a good driving technique.

It was a saab, not a VX, but there still part of the general motors group and share a lot of parts im told.

The cars come out of it remarkably well, when you see the wall, ill post a photo up in the morning of it,

Parking isn't bad, its just that between 4 houses there are 13 cars, thats what the problem is.

Don't you just love the Vauxhall get out wording from that link.... ie it is our fault, but of course we are blaming it on you, the customer:

"Vauxhall believes that the handbrake system used in the Vectra and Signum is safe, however, Vauxhall treats all matters relating to the safety of its products as its highest priority. In line with this priority and that of continuous improvement, Vauxhall has decided to implement, as a customer satisfaction programme, a modification to the handbrake mechanism to reduce the possibility of a partial release when incorrectly setting the handbrake"

BTW, hope the ice cream was good, despite what you saw on getting back.