The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My New Toy!!

Ryan.G

Well after selling my supra last week i knew i would have to get something that would keep a smile on my face on my days off.

I was after something that didn't cost much to run, cheaper on insurance and finally cheap to buy.

So i got this.......

I went and test drove a few different models of kit cars including westfields, MK's and tiger's all with different engines but none of them seemed that quick tbh and the Handling wasn't what i was expecting either.

The last car i looked at was this Formula 27 Super Blackbird. It is a factory built model with a Honda Super blackbird engine in it and wasn't sure what to expect from the whole Bike engine setup but have to say its awesome. 0-80mph is breath taking and it just keeps on pulling after that.

It also has a Fully sequential box with push button shifting and accusumped ready for the track. Came with a spare set of tyres, diff and engine as well :)

The Super blackbird engine is a 1137cc bike engine which produces around 160bhp as stock but have got some goodies already fitted so need to Map it next week.

The cars dry weight is only 468kg

Insurance is under £400

Tax is hardly anything as its a 1.1 :D

And does around 70 miles on a full tank which cost only £15 to fill

Will be using it alot to get to the dyno when its dry so feel free to ask for a ride. :D

Ryan

I want one lol :) How much can you get these toys?

They are normally around 9k-10k but i snapped this up very quickly as was a steal at 7k with Spare engine, Spare Diff, Outdoor cover, jacket and another set of wheels with wet weather tyres fitted.

There was 4 people waiting to view when i went to take a look at it also but i had first refusals. :)