The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I have to admit it......Im test driving a 350z

The Raven

There i admited it....... i feel a great weight has been lifted.

I must point out im only doing so to prove a point. Let me explain.

2 weeks ago i popped into the local Niss garage i was in my work clothes and work van. I asked about the 350z and was more or less fobbed off and looked down on.

Today i was in a suit and so was the Mrs having been to a family event. I went to the same place and low and behold less than 40 seconds of being outside looking at them out comes one of the sales men who is only to pleased to offer me a 350z 1 week sunday for a 45 minute test drive. I thought it would be rude to refuse so i intend taking it out and seeing what its got.

This also happend when i was looking at getting the other halfs A class. The salesman noted she drove a 106 and seemed to lose interest. Go back in the Supra and theres the keys madam.

Crazy isnt it!! I would have mentioned it to them that they didnt seem interested when you was in work clothes....

I much better way is to take the car out..... drive it as hard as i can then when they phone to ask if i want it tell them im buying a Mazda on account of the issue above.

I knew a bloke who was loaded. He used to go to the garage dressed all scruffy looking at new cars. The BMW garage fobbed him off and were rude when he was enquiring about test driving a new M3. So off he went to the Merc garage and bought a car from the showroom and promptly drove it down to the BMW garage to show the salesman just how mush of an idiot he was.

I did something like that but not loaded and not a M3 when I was 19 I decided to treat myself to a new car. I went to Peugeot dealer and was fobbed off. Eventually bought a Laguna and popped to the Peugeot dealer on August 1st and told the dealer unlucky you have lost a sale :D

I knew a bloke who was loaded. He used to go to the garage dressed all scruffy looking at new cars. The BMW garage fobbed him off and were rude when he was enquiring about test driving a new M3. So off he went to the Merc garage and bought a car from the showroom and promptly drove it down to the BMW garage to show the salesman just how mush of an idiot he was.

lol very good. they must get allot of time waisters though to be fair

I bought a 350z last week, love it to bits. First car I'm not sure I want to mod (exhaust, induction etc) as she sounds beautiful standard. Feels a lot faster than my supra NA, I doubt its a touch on the TT supra though.

Handling feels at least as good as my Supra, if not better. Interior feels nicer being new, but I have to say lacks the impact of the supra dash.

On the whole don't regret it one bit, great motor.

when the wife went to look at a 206 Gti they did that to her and told her to get an insurance quote first, she came back not to happy :( then we got a quote and went back the old bloke who gave her greif came back to try and get a sly dig in or maybe get a customer "get a quote did we?" with a big grin on his face, the wife said "yes and if i buy a car i am not dealing with you" and walked off to find someone else :D i was behind her smiling and when we walked off i had to cough with the word pr!ck at the end of it :D

When I used to go to the local Aston Martin garage in the Supe for a look around they used to ignore us - you know - just about manage to raise their head from the newspaper on the desk.

Then just after getting the Corvette, I gave them another visit.

So then I had to spend ten minutes with the salesman sitting in the drivers seat of MY car and wanting to hear it run before I was invited to go sit in any of the Astons and if there was anything he could do for us! (Although I did mention having the Supras and he did admit they're a great motor)

:D

my dad did it a few years back. He was a builder and had just finished work, went to the bank and withdrew the cash....£25k! and went to a merc dealers.... got sh**ty treatment and generally looked down on. He eventually got the salesmans attention who spoke to him like he was trash. So my dad being the nice bloke that he is let him do his half hearted sales pitch and when asked if he was interested he said nope then prompted to wave £25k under the salesmans nose. it was hillarimouse! this guys face just dropped and my dad turn round and walked out.

I love the 350z. The weight distribution is fantastic and the handling as such is brilliant. It would out-handle the Supra in stock setup anyday.

I've got quite a few hours driving the 350 and OK it's not as fast as a Supra TT but it's n/a. The power band and drive are both different.

It has to be appreciated for what it is. When the Supra TT was new it was also rather more expensive that the Nissan (even with all Nismo extras included).

The potential for tuning is also there (if you have the £) and IMHO it would be a great purchase should you want such a car.

There i admited it....... i feel a great weight has been lifted.

I must point out im only doing so to prove a point. Let me explain.

2 weeks ago i popped into the local Niss garage i was in my work clothes and work van. I asked about the 350z and was more or less fobbed off and looked down on.

Today i was in a suit and so was the Mrs having been to a family event. I went to the same place and low and behold less than 40 seconds of being outside looking at them out comes one of the sales men who is only to pleased to offer me a 350z 1 week sunday for a 45 minute test drive. I thought it would be rude to refuse so i intend taking it out and seeing what its got.

This also happend when i was looking at getting the other halfs A class. The salesman noted she drove a 106 and seemed to lose interest. Go back in the Supra and theres the keys madam.

Didn't have this crap in the states,turned up in a hire car wearing shorts,said i wanted to buy a shelby mustang and wanted a test drive,the guy says give me a couple of mins and hey presto off we went.

The Supes getting a bit long in the tooth and most car salesmen are quite savvy and know that you can pick them up for pocket money. About 10 years ago you could probably get Merc/Aston Martin/BMW/Porsche dealers bowng to you but I very much doubt it now.