The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Bloke - Johnny Depp

chris2o2

He's a cool actor I'll give him that. But if he was such a top bloke, he would have given away a fistful of money even without them having saved his kid. It just looks like a PR stunt to me, wrapped up as a gratitude donation.

You are having a laugh eh? :rolleyes:

Why on earth do you think Johnny Depp would need a PR stunt? And even if he did, do you seriously think he would spend £1m?

Because he has a new film out at the moment :rolleyes:

You don't think it's a bit of a co-incidence that he waits since MARCH(!) last year to open his wallet? And does so at just the time when he's promoting his new film? And that Disney also makes a big donation days later, to a hospital for children - obviously the prime target audience for it's products?

Yeah so he might take some publicity from it but in all fairness who cares?? He donated all that money to a Hospital so thats nice.

And he is still a great actor. All though publicity or not I doubt I will be watching his latest movie doesn't look like my cup off Tea.

And there you have it - musicals need more pushing, because the potential market is probably smaller, and it's not to so many peoples taste as pirates running around with fantastic CGI monsters. Of course we'll never know if that million pounds wasn't subbed by the movie studio.

Because he has a new film out at the moment :rolleyes:

Would that be the same film that has been nominated for 3 Oscars, been written about everywhere and been praised everywhere as a must see?

How silly of me not to realise that that film needed £1m spent on a PR push. :rolleyes:

He's a cool actor I'll give him that. But if he was such a top bloke, he would have given away a fistful of money even without them having saved his kid. It just looks like a PR stunt to me, wrapped up as a gratitude donation.

Yeah I bet the Hospital were frightfully embarrassed to accept the money, they were probably thinking of handing it back ;)

In all honesty who really cares if its a PR stunt or not.

Who is losing out on this deal? Depp has his kid, the hospital who helped out have a nice donation, another charity is benefiting, his film is doing great, the production company is raking in more dosh and everyone is being treated to a good film.

Your right, witchhunt i say!! Its a disgrace! lol

For what its worth i don't think its a publicity stunt, he has never been known for them in the past. He is widely accepted as a decent bloke and he has had his hard times in the past.

Scott =op

What a great man. People like Amy Crack-whore-house and Pete Doherty should try and take a leaf out of his book instead of smoking various other herbs.

uughhh I don't hate many people, but Amy Win house is soo annoying !

Big up the depp man.... also people like Bill Gates get a lot of bad press, but they do looaads for charity :)

In all honesty who really cares if its a PR stunt or not.

Who is losing out on this deal? Depp has his kid, the hospital who helped out have a nice donation, another charity is benefiting, his film is doing great, the production company is raking in more dosh and everyone is being treated to a good film.

Your right, witchhunt i say!! Its a disgrace! lol

For what its worth i don't think its a publicity stunt, he has never been known for them in the past. He is widely accepted as a decent bloke and he has had his hard times in the past.

Scott =op

Yup and isn't he also well known for shunning the limelight and trying to keep his family out of it totally? For me the best part of it is him donating his time to see the kids there dressed up in his pirates costume. The kids he saw will no doubt have appreciated that more than anything else in their stay in hospital. Time is perhaps the best commodity a person has to give and the fact a man in his industry finds some of his to thank the people that helped him in an hour of need speaks volumes.

As for the money. Its a great gesture but lets face it if you had it what price would you put on your daughters life??? I would not stop paying whatever i could to save mine. The feeling doesn't go away after they've been saved.

For me the best part of it is him donating his time to see the kids there dressed up in his pirates costume. The kids he saw will no doubt have appreciated that more than anything else in their stay in hospital.

Totally agree with that mate. The kids old enough to realise what was going on will also always have the story to tell that they met Captain Jack for real. Imagine the sparkle in those kids eyes. :)