The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cat sh*ting on carpet.

carl0s

RUBBED THEIR NOSE IN IT!! I hope you cat sh1ts on your face when your asleep in bed. :p

Are you serious? Would you be happy to find shit all over your brand new carpet, or in fact any carpet, ruined?

To be frank, I wish we could just get rid of the cats now. I like them, but I dislike finding shit and the smell of piss in my house much more than I like selfish cats who will "let you" pat them when they feel like it, or rub themselves up against you all lovey dovey when there's a tin of Whiskers in your hand.

Obviously I have a conscience and realise we'll be stuck with these cats for at least another ten years now, unless they get run over or eaten by a dog or some other fortunate event occurs.

Hmmm :innocent:

I'm just very angry. We have laminate flooring downstairs for the sake of cats and children, but the stairs and upstairs are carpeted and I put up a baby gate to stop them going up there, but they just jump onto and over it :( and then leave their presents.

It was in the toilet room. Maybe the odour of my morning coffee explosions has attracted them to that spot?

I have used some Uncle Bob's cat poo/odour remover now anyway.

Next stop B&Q for some door closures like they had on the doors in school..

The older one of the two developed a habit of doing this in our bedroom in a particular spot near the window in our old house, just a month or so before we left there. I can only assume it's her doing it again.

:(

You say the older Cat started doing this in the old House shortly before you moved and it's doing it in your new House. Could be because the Cat is distressed because of the move.

Cat's are very sensitive creatures and you getting ready to move was stressful for you and possibly just as bad for your cat as they sense your stress and anxiety.

She/he is probably stressed, failing that maybe doesn't like a shared/dirty tray as someone else suggested???

We didn't really make preparations for moving until just over a week before leaving.

I'm certain the problem at the old house was other cats coming in. I fitted a magnetic catflap with magnetic/metal collar tags on the two cats, but somebody (suspect neighbour) removed the tag from one of the cats and she was locked out. Decided that was going to be too much of a problem (locked out cat) so I glued the catch down and big daddy cat started coming in every night and day. He was very swift at exiting as soon as we made any sound.

It can only be poo in the tray I suppose.

What I would really like is a cat repellent spray that humans can't smell that can be applied to the upstairs carpet, but Google doesn't turn up much.

We didn't really make preparations for moving until just over a week before leaving.

I'm certain the problem at the old house was other cats coming in. I fitted a magnetic catflap with magnetic/metal collar tags on the two cats, but somebody (suspect neighbour) removed the tag from one of the cats and she was locked out. Decided that was going to be too much of a problem (locked out cat) so I glued the catch down and big daddy cat started coming in every night and day. He was very swift at exiting as soon as we made any sound.

It can only be poo in the tray I suppose.

What I would really like is a cat repellent spray that humans can't smell that can be applied to the upstairs carpet, but Google doesn't turn up much.

Good luck with the search, hope you can sort it out without being to harsh to the Cat (Giving it up).

You don't think there is a medical reason for it then??

We can't give the cats up. Nobody wants to take in cats, they only want kittens. I don't think people appreciate that kittens & cats are a very long term thing.

Medical reason. Hmm. I don't think so. What's most annoying though is that she (the older one - mum) doesn't just do little hard easy to pick up poos. They're more like dog poos :(

I went to Tesco before and stocked up on high quality litter. They have both used the cat toilet/litter thing again now. Lets just hope it was the unclean tray/toilet. We only moved here a week ago and the local Co-Op's litter isn't very good at all.

I went to Tesco before and stocked up on high quality litter. They have both used the cat toilet/litter thing again now. Lets just hope it was the unclean tray/toilet. We only moved here a week ago and the local Co-Op's litter isn't very good at all.

You know what they say :D You get what you pay for. Hope the decent Kittylitter does the trick.

Are you serious? Would you be happy to find shit all over your brand new carpet, or in fact any carpet, ruined?

To be frank, I wish we could just get rid of the cats now. I like them, but I dislike finding shit and the smell of piss in my house much more than I like selfish cats who will "let you" pat them when they feel like it, or rub themselves up against you all lovey dovey when there's a tin of Whiskers in your hand.

Obviously I have a conscience and realise we'll be stuck with these cats for at least another ten years now, unless they get run over or eaten by a dog or some other fortunate event occurs.

1/ If you don't really like cats, why the hell have you got them? just find them a hone with someone who actually gives a shit and makes an effort to understand them! which you obviously don't or you wouldn't be rubbing their noses in crap in order to make them understand where the shit!

2/ If you want to keep them, buy a book on cat behaviour and read it! after all its common sense, would you like to shit in a loo thats covered i crap and piss? give them plenty of clean cat littler preferably fullers earth type, after you have cleaned their tray, at least once a day.

3/ yes its a pain when they do that,but its only a carpet which can be cleaned, but its obvious to me that it was for a reason, and very likely for the one mentioned above, however it could be due to a certain smell, some cleaners and bleach can trigger that reaction, after all they are Territorial animals and quite often respond to a new smell by marking it with their smell, bit like you putting up a bigger fence if you get a new neighbour you don't like.

4/Oh and a product called odour kill will get rid of the smell.

Thanks for the advice. They're the missus's cats really so I don't have a choice. I already said I like cats I just dislike this behaviour very much.

Posting on here in the off topic section and asking for cat experts opinions is "giving a shit and making an effort to understand", isn't it?