The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cat sh*ting on carpet.

carl0s

The fu*king bast*rd cat has left a sh*t on the brand new carpet in our new house.

They are both litter trained female cats. Does anybody know why they would be doing this? I'm really unhappy. I've grabbed them and pushed their noses into it but I can't see it helping.

The older one of the two developed a habbit of doing this in our bedroom in a particular spot near the window in our old house, just a month or so before we left there. I can only assume it's her doing it again.

Do we have any cat experts on here? I have read really positive feedback about "Dumb Cat Anti-Marking Spray" but I can only find it in the USA, although there's a USA eBay seller who will ship internationally..

:(

I'm no experet but i think rubbing there nose in it just gives them a brown nose. Has anything changed recently? (apart from the carpet?) One of my cats started doing it years ago and it turned out another cat was coming in through the cat flap and mine was too scared to go down stairs.

My female cat starting doing this as well. I have 2 hooded litter trays which she has to share with her son and another tom. I tried everything to stop her and found out that this works:

1) Clean out the litter trays a regularly as possible

2) Once I have cleaned them I put the offending cat in the litter tray to hope that she does her business in it, which she usually does.

3) I now use the most expensive clumping litter that I can find. Sainsburys Ultra Clumping is one of the best

I would also recommend cleaning the area on the carpet where it has been going thoroughly to get rid of the smell. Another deterrent is to put tin foil down where they have been going as they don’t like the sound or feel of this

Hope this helps

Amy

Thanks for the ideas.

I think the problem may be that the litter tray (a hooded "cat toilet") needs emptying. We do try to keep on top of it, and I go and shake it around as they don't do a great job of covering with the litter.

There's no cat flap and the cats are being kept indoors so that they get used to the new house, so I can't see it being other cats coming in, although I think that's why she started doing it at the old house.

Cats are very clever... my parents had a problem with their elderly cat dumping everywhere all over the house (including on my Dad's pillow)...

The cat will be able to smell where it has been before and will always go for the same place again and again. You need to throughly clean and disinfect the area and out some smelling salts down. Rubbing said cats nose in it will not help.

it could be new surroundings mate, just marking their territory so they know where they live, both my cats did this when i moved into my new house

also we dont use a litter tray anymore we just let the cats out when they want but we do leave a window open for them

they both have stopped it but tin foil will help her stay away from areas you dont want them in as they hate it

No cat expert but based on dogs you can't rub their nose in it!!!!

Cats actually have even less of an ability to link events than dogs!!

When a cat claws the carpet, you shout at it, it looks up like "What are you shouting at!" then carries on clawing the carpet, so you pull it away and it thinks "Hey what you doing you freak!" and carries on clawing the carpet again, whatever you do it just sees it as an inconvenience rather than a telling off!!

Which is why they 'appear' to be so defiant and independant.

Guest CoolsBlue

our cat did on behind the toilet yesteray and Nala the dog got the balme until we figured the dog is to big to fit its bum behind the toilet:D Khan, that little monkey was the one to blame:D

our cat did on behind the toilet yesteray and Nala the dog got the balme until we figured the dog is to big to fit its bum behind the toilet:D Khan, that little monkey was the one to blame:D

Not being sizeist but surely you dog leaves bigger turds than your cat?!

Guest CoolsBlue

i duno, i dont look at my pets turds, but theyre my sis's, then they worked it out when khan was hiding under the bed when my sis's husband came up to clean it:D smart little bugger he is, likes to get nala in trouble hehe

Did you change the underlay when you got your new carpet.

I heard that when you clean your carpet from previous sheize/pisske, you are not necessarily cleaning the underlay too and just masking the smell.

When you lay the new carpet the scent is there as the underlay hasn't been changed.

We found our cat pinching one off in the corner all the time, after having a new carpet put in, we got told about this and we remembered our previous cat had crimped one off there. So we reckon it could smell the old cats scent :blink: