2. Check fuelling up to injector rail

3. Check Alarm

4. Replace Coil pack connectors

5. 12v Fuel Mod

6. Engine earthing wire

7. Battery recharged

8. Checked ECU for error codes

9. Checked voltage on crankshaft sensors

Thing that's the list so far, as you can hear from the sound clip it sounds like its just about to start :(

Check the reference hose is on your FPR okay, and also check the reference hose is on the MAP sensor as well. Either of these missing will cause a huge overfuel. In fact check all the plumbing that comes off that as well, make sure you have no split hoses or hoses popped off.

Try starting the car with the throttle flat to the floor, and keep turning it over rather than stopping as soon as you hear something catch (like in the wav you uploaded)

-Ian

Check the reference hose is on your FPR okay, and also check the reference hose is on the MAP sensor as well. Either of these missing will cause a huge overfuel. In fact check all the plumbing that comes off that as well, make sure you have no split hoses or hoses popped off.

Try starting the car with the throttle flat to the floor, and keep turning it over rather than stopping as soon as you hear something catch (like in the wav you uploaded)

-Ian

Thanks and will check now but do you think it sounds like overfueling to me it sounds like there is not enough fuel to get it started?

Lees also pop round tonight to take a look so will keep everyone updated too

I want my poor car back on the road :(

Dunno about it "sounding" rich but it "thinks" rich :)

It's obviously delivering some fuel as it catches, and I've seen a 2JZ start with only 2 cylinders working, albeit not very well, so that rules out one or even two individual injectors, sparks, cylinder compression etc. being at fault. The whole ignition system must be working as you've found a spark and again, it catches. It'd have trouble starting if it was too rich or too lean, but a rich mixture is much much easier to have happen due to things failing - like the popped off hoses making the ECU think it's at full non-boosted load. It's also a failure mode that wouldn't log a fault code.

The fuel pump going suddenly very weak could cause an issue BUT, I've seen that before once as well. As you are seeing fuel in the pipes, the pump spinning up on key-off should put enough fuel in the system to deal with the relatively light loads of start and idle, so it should catch, idle, and then die if that were the case.

So my money is on it being too rich :)

The wide open throttle starting test might let it start if it's too rich, so it's worth a test although it is now possible your plugs are fouled to the point that it won't start anyway so they may need a clean first.

-Ian

I feel like a twat, lee was here for around 5mins before he has fixed the coolant sensor and the car started :(

BIG thanks too lee and everyone on here for there help i still cant believe it was something so simple :)

Now to start thinking about how to go single :D

I feel like a twat, lee was here for around 5mins before he has fixed the coolant sensor and the car started :(

BIG thanks too lee and everyone on here for there help i still cant believe it was something so simple :)

Plonker :p;)

No probs mate, least it was something simple :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
I feel like a $#@!, lee was here for around 5mins before he has fixed the coolant sensor and the car started :(

Hi could you please tell me how to check the the coolant sensor with a multimeter ? I have the same problem you had

What are the mesures I should have ? Cant find infos about it on the forum :(