The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Swearing on here!

merckx

I say, Gerry. What IS it with toilet attendants in night clubs these days? Matilda and I popped out for a little quick-step down at the pally, and during a short break to the wash room, I was accosted by an African gentleman who pestered me for money whilst I relieved myself. Affronted? I'll say. I almost dropped my pipe!

:taped: :innocent:

I only have one complaint. Wash room is American talk. :)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with people using all these damn emoticons/smilies or whatever they are these days hey??

I'm quietly reading a thread and hundreds of them pop up as I scroll down the page. It's out of order. People who would assume I'm reading a normal page of text at work (it could even be an MS Word document) will now know that I'm doing sweet FA and bugge*ing about instead wasting precious paid for company time.

Honestly, it's becoming a joke. I vote "No Confidence" in the system!

BTW, I have no problems with a forum with or without swearing. Either way those with kids no doubt have the common sense to check the content first or put restrictions on should their young lads/lasses go browsing.

Greg

What is it with people using all these damn emoticons/smilies:) or whatever they are these days hey:eyebrows:??

I'm quietly reading a thread and hundreds of them pop up:search: as I scroll down the page:search:. It's out of order. People who would assume I'm reading a normal page:eyebrows: of text at work (it could even be an MS Word document) will now know that I'm doing sweet FA :p:innocent:and bugge*ing about instead wasting precious paid for company time:rolleyes::taped:.

Honestly, it's becoming a joke:D. I vote "No Confidence" in the system:tongue:!

BTW, I have no problems with a forum with or without swearing. Either way those with kids no doubt have the common sense to check the content first or put restrictions on should their young lads/lasses go browsing.

Greg

:p:p

What is it with people using all these damn emoticons/smilies or whatever they are these days hey??

I'm quietly reading a thread and hundreds of them pop up as I scroll down the page. It's out of order. People who would assume I'm reading a normal page of text at work (it could even be an MS Word document) will now know that I'm doing sweet FA and bugge*ing about instead wasting precious paid for company time.

Greg

:(:taped::rolleyes::help::salute::twak::bang:

Greg

Emoticons allow people to put across some sort of emotion with their text, text alone can be taken in many ways and has no doubt been the source of many arguments on here, a little :) here & there doesn't hurt :p

Swearing in public does not make you intelligent, funny neither does not swearing in public make you intelligent. :rolleyes:

You obviously don't understand at all, I'm not talking about an individual but averages. :blink:

So what would you say was the general relationship between swearing in public and intelligence if you plotted this on a graph?

You obviously don't understand at all, I'm not talking about an individual but averages. :blink:

So what would you say was the general relationship between swearing in public and intelligence if you plotted this on a graph?

You clearly are not understanding what I said, I was meaning as generalisation and not singling out like what has been done by people already.

First off I would not be that sad as to even want to plot it on a graph, I am not some Dwayne Dibbly ;). However to feed your interest I would say it would be very inaccurate, as no one wishes to have their intelligence put under the spotlight.

On that basis I will answer on a personal level as I deal with all walks of life day in day out and to be fair when I deal with what you would think are so called intelligent people (Lawyers, Solicitors in particular) some of them have potty mouths that even shock me.

Is there anyone else who is offended by unnecessary swearing, because I am? :thumbdown:

Why is it that we get told to refrain from swearing on here if we spell the offensive word correctly but you'll get away with it if you misspell or replace the central letters with a * or other random character, it' still swearing as we still recognize the word?

I know the reason might be that it allows the content to pass through filters for viewing at work etc, but it's still swearing!

Using Acronyms is know better either for exactly the same reasons stated above.

Here are two prime examples of threads started yesterday with their titles:

black guys in toilets????WTF!!!????

Magnet For W**kers

I realise that it's sometimes difficult to express oneself in certain situations but I feel it's really bringing down the quality of this forum.

I think I was even guilty of this myself a couple of years ago but I'm much wiser now. :blink:

What about having a function enabled that will delete all such posts, maybe a poll to see if the majority want this if it is possible?

You have too much time on your hands.

First off I would not be that sad as to even want to plot it on a graph, I am not some Dwayne Dibbly ;). However to feed your interest I would say it would be very inaccurate, as no one wishes to have their intelligence put under the spotlight.

There's no reason for it to be inaccurate if you use a large enough sample of people.

The fact that they may or may not want want to have their intelligence rated together with how much they swear has nothing to do with it, I'm talking about what the results would be if they could be obtained. :)

The fact that they may or may not want want to have their intelligence rated together with how much they swear has nothing to do with it, I'm talking about what the results would be if they could be obtained. :)

With regards to a graph.....

1. Don't think it will ever happen.

2. I don't think people would care.