The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Swearing on here!

merckx

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Type f**k in google, ull soon see that the first link is Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Does google filter the word out when displaying its results? i think not.
There are many companies that would consider the information on wikipedia worthwhile enough to white list it. I doubt many companies will feel the same about a car owners club web site.

Lets sensor the world, and imagine everything is perfect and everyone gets on and there is no swearing. Swearing is the english language to express yourself, theres way to many prudes.

Type f**k in google, ull soon see that the first link is Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Does google filter the word out when displaying its results? i think not.

Si

I censor my children, I believe I'm fully in my rights to do so, as a result I have a swearing filter on my network here at home. Why should I expose the kids ANYMORE than I have to?

As yes the amount of the threads that get blocked by my filter is getting bigger, I have to bypass the filter a few times a day, why should I?

So I take it when you are at home and in front of female relatives, you will gladly say f*ck, c*nt, bo**ocks etc? :rolleyes:

Edit to add: If you use Google images and type in sha**ing donkeys you will see that too but it doesn't make it right!

2bh i swear a hell of alot infront of anyone, even my family.

I'm sorry but WTF is just traditional internet speak. Give it a rest with the censoring FFS.

As that chap in grumpy old men said: "It's not swearing that's dumb and stupid. It's all the "umm yeah but y'know I sorta like kinda umm think a bit like yeah y'know n'that" that's unintelligible and stupid, whereas "bo*locks to you, you tw@t" is quite clear and straight to the point". Or something.

I agree that excessive insulting swearing can become tiresome and shallow though, but FFS and WTF are just a part of internet tradition.

There are many companies that would consider the information on wikipedia worthwhile enough to white list it. I doubt many companies will feel the same about a car owners club web site.

I think thats the key point, if the forums are black listed at your work place, its probably because you shouldnt be on it in the first place, the swearing just flags it up to the filters i suppose.

Still works is for working, unless you use your own connection then ur screwed.

I'm sorry but WTF is just traditional internet speak. Give it a rest with the censoring FFS.

As that chap in grumpy old men said: "It's not swearing that's dumb and stupid. It's all the "umm yeah but y'know I sorta like kinda umm think a bit like yeah y'know n'that" that's unintelligible and stupid, whereas "bo*locks to you, you tw@t" is quite clear and straight to the point". Or something.

I agree that excessive insulting swearing can become tiresome and shallow though, but FFS and WTF are just a part of internet tradition.

Well said! Chuckles

I censor my children, I believe I'm fully in my rights to do so, as a result I have a swearing filter on my network here at home. Why should I expose the kids ANYMORE than I have to?

As yes the amount of the threads that get blocked by my filter is getting bigger, I have to bypass the filter a few times a day, why should I?

Well why shouldnt you? its your choice the filters in place. Prehaps a nice addition would be some ear muffs for out and about usage....

I read an article recently that said bosses should overlook swearing in the workplace as it is providing a relaxed method of communication that actually destresses people and improves working relationships (pass me the stapler you m*therf**ker)

Personally, if its got *** in it then I'm assuming that fools the swear filters so whats the problem? You can't please all of the people, some people want to express themselves fully, others don't want to hear it, f**k it I say!

Well why shouldnt you? its your choice the filters in place. Prehaps a nice addition would be some ear muffs for out and about usage....

Using your logic then it could be applied to anything. Drugs are "out and about" on the street, are you suggesting that I make it easy for them to get their hands on it as well? I know this isn't what you are saying, I am however just using it as an example.

The real point of it all, is that yes it happens, but there is a time and place and not just willy nilly all over the place.

Jesus!

I only went for a couple of hours kip and the whole place has gone mad again!!:rolleyes: Why don't we just try to imagine there are a load of kids reading your posts. If you still swear then, you are obviously an ars*h*le.....:D

There is a time and a place, it's not big or clever. I swear when I get emotional but I try to control it as best I can!

H.

heh, heh - you said "muffs"...

*snigger* I think now it has become a resonable request to cut the swearing, or at best use ***. I swear, so do a lot of people, but as suggested I will hold off while on the forum and then go and have a massive swearfest while I'm down the pub with my mates where I know they wont be offended, If I really feel the need. Getting the forum blocked from other members will ultimatly do the club harm.

*snigger* I think now it has become a resonable request to cut the swearing, or at best use ***. I swear, so do a lot of people, but as suggested i will hold off while on the forum and then go and have a massive swearfest while I'm down the pub with my mates where i know they wont be offended, If i really feel the need. Getting the forum blocked from other members will ultimatly do the club harm.

You started off so well. :(;)

......for expample instead of black guys in toilets????WTF!!!??? could have been phrased What is it with toilet attendants in night clubs these days??.

It makes the same point but in a more acceptable way doesn't it?

I don't know why but I found that really funny. :)

I say, Gerry. What IS it with toilet attendants in night clubs these days? Matilda and I popped out for a little quick-step down at the pally, and during a short break to the wash room, I was accosted by an African gentleman who pestered me for money whilst I relieved myself. Affronted? I'll say. I almost dropped my pipe!

:taped: :innocent:

I say, Gerry. What IS it with toilet attendants in night clubs these days? Matilda and I popped out for a little quick-step down at the local pally, and during a short break to the wash room, I was accosted by an African gentleman who pestered me for money whilst I relieved myself. Affronted? I'll say. I almost dropped my pipe!

:taped: :innocent:

Lol, Thats how Charlotte read it.