The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Swearing on here!

merckx

I hate this attitude. Just because others do it then it makes it OK? That's nonsense.

No mate i dont mean you have to swear if others do, all i meant was a lot of people do swear - i am guilty of it WAY too much....... but its just the way i talk... i dont do it because i hear others doing it.

However if it becomes a rule or wish to tone it down on this site (which it seems it is), i for one will certainly try and "can" it as much as poss. ;)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be a balance. Swearing has clamped down on because we were receiving complaints that the site was getting barred by more and more filters for members who use the site during their work hours. For some members, this is their only time that they can access the forum.

We have asked that members refrain from using swearing in their posts in the public section, and if they find it is necessary then to replace bits of the word with an * or two.

We try our best to cater for everyone, and it's not alot to ask to try and tone the language down, but we cannot please everyone, and occasionally have to accept that some people will from time to time either swear, or be offended by it. So there has to be a middle ground. We don't afterall, want to overmoderate the forum.

For example when the mods are receiving complaints that the off topic forum has become "filled up with rubbish" and we seek to redress the issue, instead we see the usual posts from the forum pedants requesting what is acceptable. You're adults, so you should be able to make your own judgement on that. But I think JB made the point clear with this post yesterday.

I would agree with the thread starter however, that the two threads highlighted could have been entitled differently with a bit more forethought, for expample instead of black guys in toilets????WTF!!!??? could have been phrased What is it with toilet attendants in night clubs these days??.

It makes the same point but in a more acceptable way doesn't it?

Lets censor the world, and imagine everything is perfect and everyone gets on and there is no swearing. Swearing is the english language to express yourself, theres way to many prudes.

Type f**k in google, ull soon see that the first link is Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Does google filter the word out when displaying its results? i think not.

Si

Lets sensor the world, and imagine everything is perfect and everyone gets on and there is no swearing. Swearing is the english language to express yourself, theres way to many prudes.

Type f**k in google, ull soon see that the first link is Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Does google filter the word out when displaying its results? i think not.

Si

So I take it when you are at home and in front of female relatives, you will gladly say f*ck, c*nt, bo**ocks etc? :rolleyes:

Edit to add: If you use Google images and type in sha**ing donkeys you will see that too but it doesn't make it right!