The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Swearing on here!

merckx

Is there anyone else who is offended by unnecessary swearing, because I am? :thumbdown:

Why is it that we get told to refrain from swearing on here if we spell the offensive word correctly but you'll get away with it if you misspell or replace the central letters with a * or other random character, it' still swearing as we still recognize the word?

I know the reason might be that it allows the content to pass through filters for viewing at work etc, but it's still swearing!

Using Acronyms is know better either for exactly the same reasons stated above.

Here are two prime examples of threads started yesterday with their titles:

black guys in toilets????WTF!!!????

Magnet For W**kers

I realise that it's sometimes difficult to express oneself in certain situations but I feel it's really bringing down the quality of this forum.

I think I was even guilty of this myself a couple of years ago but I'm much wiser now. :blink:

What about having a function enabled that will delete all such posts, maybe a poll to see if the majority want this if it is possible?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone else who is offended by unnecessary swearing, because I am? :thumbdown:

Why is it that we get told to refrain from swearing on here if we spell the offensive word correctly but you'll get away with it if you misspell or replace the central letters with a * or other random character, it' still swearing as we still recognize the word?

I know the reason might be that it allows the content to pass through filters for viewing at work etc, but it's still swearing!

Using Acronyms is know better either for exactly the same reasons stated above.

Here are two prime examples of threads started yesterday with their titles:

black guys in toilets????WTF!!!????

Magnet For W**kers

I realise that it's sometimes difficult to express oneself in certain situations but I feel it's really bringing down the quality of this forum.

I think I was even guilty of this myself a couple of years ago but I'm much wiser now. :blink:

What about having a function enabled that will delete all such posts, maybe a poll to see if the majority want this if it is possible?

Most people have been guilty. The trend will be outgrown, as people grow a little wiser.:)

i dont see a problem with some swearing if one letter has a * in its place - EVERYONE (well nearly everyone) swears so whast the problem - as long as the whole word isn't written then every1 can still view it, even at work.

Just have a walk around your lcal town centre - you'll hear PLENTY of swearig there too - its just a way of life!! ;)

i dont see a problem with some swearing if one letter has a * in its place - EVERYONE (well nearly everyone) swears so whast the problem - as long as the whole word isn't written then every1 can still view it, even at work.

Just have a walk around your lcal town centre - you'll hear PLENTY of swearig there too - its just a way of life!! ;)

You're so wrong and you're totally missing the point that I'm making.

Only scumbags swear in public and it sounds terrible.

I used to swear quite abit on here, I read the thread about swearing and decided i should stop. Apart from it makes me sound a bigger moron than i actually am, it spoils it for the members that are at work if it gets blocked but a filter. If i have to swear (and sometimes its needed) i use ** in a swear word and just use the first and last letters. I can't see how its majorly offensive. I think spelling and punctuation upsets members as a whole more, which i am now trying my best with (cheers for the tutorial JamesMark)