The mkiv Supra Owners Club

93 silver 6 speed GT60 Single Turbo

neilg

Right Folks, Im looking at selling my pride and joy, something I swore blind I would never do!!!

However something has cropped up and im in need of funds, unfortunatly It looks the only way to go.

1993 6 speed jap spec, 60000 miles, personally imported by me 4 years ago, so im the only UK owner.

Engine

Powerhouse racing stage 1 turbo kit:

GT60 Polished Turbo

HKS tubular header

HKS GT Wastegate

4" K&N Filter

Upgraded 3 1/2 downpipe

Stainless hoses etc

Power enterprise timing belt

Powerhouse racing stage 1 fuel kit:

RHR Fuel Rail

Twin walbro Fuel Pumps

Aeromotive EFI fuel pressure regulator

Pressure gauge

Siemmens 720 injectors

All hoses etc

Apex-i Power fc ecu including hand controller

All the above have just been fitted to the car, they litteraly have not done 1000 miles so its all as new!!!!

Also included,

HKS Titanium 4" Exhaust

Greddy FMIC

Stainless Front radiator pipe

Racelogic Traction control with Launch

TRD Front strut brace

Transmission

My car started life as an auto but is converted to 6 speed. All this work was done in Japan before I owned it. To look underneath the car. It still looks like a brand new box, would say it is nowhere near the age of the car. It has never put a foot wrong in the time I have had it

Exterior

19" Racing Hart CR wheels

10" Rears with Bridgestone Potenza RE050 285 30 19 tyres

8.5" fronts with 255 35 19 tyres ( I think)

UK glass headlights

later spec rear tail lights

Do-Luck Front bumper

Veilside Rear spats

Standard Skirts

Tein Super street adjustable suspension

Full UK Brakes with brembo drilled disks and CW Pads, Braided lines ( all put on brand new with turbo kit so almost new)

Interior:

Recaro drivers seat

Standard passenger

Pioneer Headunit

Momo Steering wheel

Veilside gearnob

Stainless 200mph speedo cluster

TRD Front strut brace

Cusco rear strut brace

Racelogic controller

Im sure there are loads of bits I have forgotten but thats whats in my head.

Now for my dilema,

The car needs a little work doing to it. I have not used it since october when it ran out of MOT ( The car has never seen winter weather over here I have always kept it garage and only used it in the summer months) I never planned to MOT it till this summer when I was to use it.

The car was never fully mapped, I had mapped to run (which it did very very well) however I never fitted a boost controller to turn the boost up enough to get it running decent power so it stayed at the wastegates maximum for what little use it got.

There is a few niggly bits that I was going to get done before I next used it,

Front bumper has a couple of little cracks in it, Scratches that need getting out, dash needs re painting, the carpet in the back is bad where a battery fell over and burnt it. Drivers seat is a little worn. Rear heated screen doesnt work. Heater control has stopped working (sure thats just something that has not been plugged back in when the dash was out)

Thats it really, my dilema is, do I get rid as it is for a lower price as I need money asap and have very little time on my hands. Or do I get all the work done and sell it as a minter?

I have no idea what the car is worth, I have reciepts which im scared of adding up as it sickens me to the amount of money im going to loose. Tens of thousands

If anyone is interested in the car and wants to make me a offer I cant refuse to take it off my hands very quickly then try me.

Ill give it a week or so and if I havnt sold it ill have to get the work done and put a price on it

Feel free to ask me any questions as im sure I have missed loads. Ill take some more pics if needed as the ones im putting on are not recent and i have no engine or interior shots

Also when I imported the car I registered it straight onto a private plate so it has no other plate, I wouldnt mind keeping that

Thanks everyone :)

Nice car for starters mate;)

This club has two types of members. There are the ones that haven't got a clue about cars (who need a 100% working vehicle) and then there's the mob that are prepared to have a go at any Supe Project in order to make it their own (there are lots on here). This means that your car will appeal to a good number of guys that are wanting a well equipped ‘single’, but not all!!

The MOT and mapping are always uncertain issues when selling single turbo’d cars as some of the guys will be put off by a car that has not been fully prepared – don’t forget that the mapping process nearly always uncovers a few niggles that need sorting to make the car work 100% perfect.

I am from the school of thought where I would take a car like yours for below book price and make it my own - note the term: “below book price”.

If you are going to get the best price for any motor then a fully working model is the best place to start or else be prepared to reduce the money in order to secure a buyer. The single turbo Supe is not always the easiest car to sell without real solid credentials.

You will also get the guys who ask the question regarding the tuning house (and the tuner) that performed the work as some have bad reps; the likes of the Turbofit saga last year really rocked the boat of who to trust and what risk should be acceptable when purchasing single Supras.

The only real big dilemma for yourself is that you now need dosh in your pocket so do you really want to start spending money on a car that is being sold at the worst time of year; meaning that you will get a reduced price for it than if it was sold in warmer times.

Your car is a good spec and I am sure there will be a lot of interest.;)

Cheers for the comments guys.

SupraAyf, thats exactly what i was expecting really and you have hit the nail right on the head. I never planned on selling the car because its the best thing I have ever owned and I have put so much money into it. If I cant get reasonable money for it ill go down another route and try keep it. I dont want to `give it away`

D3xt3r PMEd

Cheers for the comments guys.

SupraAyf, thats exactly what i was expecting really and you have hit the nail right on the head. I never planned on selling the car because its the best thing I have ever owned and I have put so much money into it. If I cant get reasonable money for it ill go down another route and try keep it. I dont want to `give it away`

D3xt3r PMEd

Just be carefull not to give it away as it is still worth a pretty penny.

People on here want everything for nothing:rolleyes:

It really is a great looking Supe;)

Like I say, I wont give it away, if it wont put a good amount of money in my pocket ill keep it as it just wont be worth selling. I have owned a lot of cars over the years and the sup is the only one I would keep. Its an awsome car and worth every penny

Blimey! It was only last summer you were talking about having the single conversion done. Shame that you are having to sell. Hope you get a good price for it.

Tell me about it, I go get it all done, pile loads more money into it and now I need rid. Its a sorry state of affair

Right people, after talking to a few members on this subject, I have decided to put a price on it

Offers over £10000.

For the time been I wont take less than that. It doesnt need that much doing to it to warrent been any cheaper. If I cant get that ill hang onto it.

It has cost me £8000 to put the turbo kit etc on which is literally new add the £3000 wheels and tyres, anone looking to do simillar work might aswell have a free car with it;)

Thanks

Its just arkward. While it is put away I dont have it insured. So to get it MOTed I need to Insure it which for me is a large amount of money. I know myself it will go straight through as there is nothing for it to really fail on. There never has been, its flown through every mot its ever had. The only thing may be the emmissions.

Right people, after talking to a few members on this subject, I have decided to put a price on it

Offers over £10000.

For the time been I wont take less than that. It doesnt need that much doing to it to warrent been any cheaper. If I cant get that ill hang onto it.

It has cost me £8000 to put the turbo kit etc on which is literally new add the £3000 wheels and tyres, anone looking to do simillar work might aswell have a free car with it;)

Thanks

sad thing is you would probably get more by breaking it :(

Mate, that car looks absolutely awesome! Well done with your hard work getting it to that stage, and hopefully you can sell it for what you want for it - don't let it go cheap!

I so wish I was in a buying position now....:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.