The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Last post

Lewis

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloke goes to buy a talking dog, he gets there, dog says "alright mate?" guy says kin el i've seen it all now, dog says "I've won crufts 5 times, been on tv in films, sniffed out explosives in Iraq & run marathons" guy says to the owner "why you selling then mate?" owner says "cos he's a lying cnut"

Au Contraire Mr. Blackie. I admit its the best one with old Roger in it, but thats a bit like saying that stepping in dog poo is better than stepping in cat poo.

lol :D I think the problem is i have seen all the old ones so many times they are a bit "samey" This was new and fresh when i saw it, i think i was about 8

Once upon a time, we lived on Holy Island. I was about six, and up till then the most exciting thing I'd ever seen was a large fish. Suddenly, the whole place became a film set...Roman Polanski was making Cul-De-Sac. Donald Pleasance was one of the stars billetted in a holiday cottage nearby. I didnt know who he was, but he was a very friendly chap and the whole affair was awe inspiring to a wee bairn like me.

A couple of years later....one night, I was sent to bed at seven as normal, but half an hour later my Dad came in and whispered for me to quietly get up and get dressed without waking the other kids. Once I was ready, Mum kissed me and said have a great time and Dad said get in the car. I was in a total state of bewilderment and expectation, I had no idea what was going on.

Dad drove off, and as we went over the causeway it was obvious we were going to the mainland and my excitement grew tenfold. Dad was silent and wouldnt tell me where we were going, saying it was a secret. We eventually got to Berwick, and he parked up outside the cinema. We went in through the back as I remember, we sat down in the dark and my Dad said ' you are going to like this'

There before me on the big screen was You Only Live Twice. I'd never seen anything like this before, it was magical...and to top it off, there was Donald Pleasance as Blofeld, the chap who had been staying next to us a couple of years before.

One of my most precious memories.