Nooooo!!!!!!

Guest CoolsBlue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

after my discussions yesterday can I highlight this as one of the types of threads that I would just delete.

I really dont care what time somebody starts work even if its early in the morning. And juding by the fact that its 4 hours after you posted it and theres 1 reply then others must feel the same. The topic title has no real bearing on the content either.

interesting as people's lives must be I know I dont care if somebody is going to work soon. I also dont care if somebody has taken their dad to a nightclub and has pictures or any other topics that have zero influence or interest in my life.

Now if Im in the minority and this isnt actually a problem then somebody please tell me so I can work out what Im doing here.

JB

after my discussions yesterday can I highlight this as one of the types of threads that I would just delete.

I really dont care what time somebody starts work even if its early in the morning. And juding by the fact that its 4 hours after you posted it and theres 1 reply then others must feel the same. The topic title has no real bearing on the content either.

interesting as people's lives must be I know I dont care if somebody is going to work soon. I also dont care if somebody has taken their dad to a nightclub and has pictures or any other topics that have zero influence or interest in my life.

Now if Im in the minority and this isnt actually a problem then somebody please tell me so I can work out what Im doing here.

JB

i was just about to ask him what time he was starting work...so i think it a fairly reasonable post for me and for the other 24 people that have viewed this thread.

i was just about to ask him what time he was starting work...so i think it a fairly reasonable post for me and for the other 24 people that have viewed this thread.

why would you ask him what time he starts work? If you need to actually know the answer then perhaps a PM or even a txt would be better. If you dont actually need to know then a simply rule of thumb is to take the time he posted (4am) and add the 2 hours he mentions in his post to it.

I can accept chatty threads, but if I posted up every time I was about to do something then I may as well do a blog and those who want to read it can see just how thrilling my life can be.

I really do not care if somebody is going to the shops or has been out drinking and wants the world to know. The world does NOT want to know unless theres an amusing or interesting annecdote to go with it.

Heres a quote from Planes, Trains and Automobiles that I feel sums things up (edited for additional impact)

Steve Martin in Planes, Planes and Automobiles -You know everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your stories have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "Honey, I'd like you to visit mkivsupra.net, they have some amusing anecodotes for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've been on mkivsupra.net. I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The pointless post guy. Woah." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!

JB

why would you ask him what time he starts work? If you need to actually know the answer then perhaps a PM or even a txt would be better. If you dont actually need to know then a simply rule of thumb is to take the time he posted (4am) and add the 2 hours he mentions in his post to it.

I can accept chatty threads, but if I posted up every time I was about to do something then I may as well do a blog and those who want to read it can see just how thrilling my life can be.

I really do not care if somebody is going to the shops or has been out drinking and wants the world to know. The world does NOT want to know unless theres an amusing or interesting annecdote to go with it.

Heres a quote from Planes, Trains and Automobiles that I feel sums things up (edited for additional impact)

JB

i was being sarcastic;)

Will talk of football be banned too?

Fingers crossed. Football threads get in the way of threads like Butter or Margerine: Which is best for bottom sex?:D

Branners: That Steve Martin quote is a shining example of hitting a nail on the head. Excellent.

What's the problem with football??

It's a great topic of conversation and creates many an opinion and lots of banter!!:rolleyes:

As are many other topics currently being chastised by the masses.

That's the point I'm getting at really, I can avoid football threads because they don't interest me, I don't need to have them deleted or banned.

Perhaps the real problem is that people don't put enough info in the title of the thread or try to trick people into reading their dross? If they were more descriptive people could avoid them instead of getting worked up about things.

FYI there have been 14 OT threads updated on tumbleweed since Christmas, is that what we want?