The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

caseys

Just bought this from a shop down the road :D

Just whacked it in, it's installed 5121Mb of data onto the HDD from the disc, now it's checked and there's an update!

What's it doing now you may ask?

*sighs* It's downloading a new 5120Mb update over the interweb! I may get to play it later tonight... even with a 4mb cable modem it's gonna take a fair while.

Anyone else have it?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah that would be an imported HK version then. Theres a few copies on ebay tempted to pick it up. Damage model is on hold rumor has it some manufactors dont want to have real damage. Hence why Forza didnt have realistic damage and burnout dosnt use licensed cars. I supose no one would buy a mini if they saw it turned into a pancake at 30mph

£30 from a local gameshop in Dorset.

It's on ebay for about £27-30 + postage.

Play.com will be doing the UK one for £30.... I was just impatient :blink:

Bah! Toyota aren't in the Prologue!

Acura / Alfa Romeo / Audi / BMW / Cheev / Diahatsu / Dodge / Ferrari / Ford / Honda / Lancia / Lexus / Lotus / Mazda / Merc / Mitsi / Nissan / Renault / Subaru / Suzuki / TVR / VW.

All jap manufacturers nearly bar Toyota!

The damage is FAR from realistic.

Yeah, this is true. The cars don't handle as well either. Fun game though.

At least Lexus is there, so Toyota has some sort of representation in the demo ;)

I was impressed with the GT HD demo.. so cant wait for this.. when is the full game due for release?

• 1 month later...
Just bought this from a shop down the road :D

Just whacked it in, it's installed 5121Mb of data onto the HDD from the disc, now it's checked and there's an update!

What's it doing now you may ask?

*sighs* It's downloading a new 5120Mb update over the interweb! I may get to play it later tonight... even with a 4mb cable modem it's gonna take a fair while.

Anyone else have it?

is that what it was doing?! i thought it was doing an update but then it started again next time i booted it & i assumed was re-installing the same update so sacked it off, shall have to let it continue next time & see if it sorts the lag i've noticed so far when there's a couple of cars on the screen at the same time. it's very nice & goes great with the steering wheel - just bought me a new R35 GTR :D

• 1 month later...

I know rdiciulous isnt it, sony dont realise that people just want to shove the game in a play it, i've owned every playstation since the first and everyone of them have always suffered loading problems.. now the PS3 takes the biscuit though, even burnout paradise took me ages to get installed. If i wanted hassle i'd play games on a PC!!!