The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift RSP Manual TT or T

SteveR

Just remembered all those stories when you were having trouble with your ecu etc, and the last time you had it on the dyno it caught on fire at turbofit Must have missed the last installment, my bad.

So whats it putting out these days then? :)

Happy hunting Steve :)

Thanks Bobbeh. After the initial shock of selling my P&J, I'm now finding it's quite fun having a load of options in front of me..... I feel like a kid in a sweet shop :D - if the sweets all cost £££££ that is. :rolleyes:

BTW are you not coming to the Ring this year? I thought you liked it even more than me?? :search:

Huh? The car has never been to TurboFit. Ever.

It had an oil fire on the dyno when the return hose leaked oil onto the exhaust manifold while being mapped at Marlin Motorsports. It was put out in seconds and did no damage.

I've not had any trouble with the ECU. I had trouble getting it remapped because the company I paid to map it password protected the map so I couldn't take it anywhere else unless I had it totally remapped from scratch - which I did in the end.

I'd like to Steve, but Im not the only one I have to think about these days :) so... theres more chance of me doing UK track days than the Ring again... but I wont rule it out.

I'm crap at keeping up with the forum & major events....

kids or missis or...?

Bring them! :D My missis is planning a trip to some spa place this year... pah.

Yeah thats it, sorry for any confusion there.

So whats kind of power etc are you getting out of her now since you've had the map sorted? :)

Steve, mrs/gf etc .. I've tried that already as shes been there, I took her in 2005 :) Hence, shes done that, wants to do other things hehe.

So whats kind of power etc are you getting out of her now since you've had the map sorted?

Ryan said he reckons it's about 580bhp but I haven't had it on a dyno since he mapped it. The SRR dyno day we were going to was scrapped at the last minute.

I'm getting too old for this modified car lark. I just want a standard car, that my Mrs can drive when necessary, and that does more than 18mpg.

You have one of the ultimate supras IMO. Not easy to get another like that.

If you want a standard car surely you can just get another car and keep the supe? Bog standard cars are cheap as chips

So whats kind of power etc are you getting out of her now since you've had the map sorted? :)

Steve, mrs/gf etc .. I've tried that already as shes been there, I took her in 2005 :) Hence, shes done that, wants to do other things hehe.

Missed this, sorry mate. Bring her anyway, the more girls there are going (last count was 2, maybe 3) the better. They can help carry us home form the pub and find shops & spas and other things like that together. ;)

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake - check your PMs :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.