The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stepping down as a Mod

Supragal

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictable. Away back to pestering people, pissing and moaning along with passing comment on just about anything to do with the running of the club despite the fact you had an official role at one point but spat the dummy and dropped it ;) :p

Predictable but honest as always.

And yes I had a green name and limited access to a section where a minority of active people did all the talking while the rest stayed quiet, such a treat, hardly a position of power, more an admin job. As I said at the time you can be an events organiser without people constantly telling you that you can't be yourself on the forum, that's not spitting the dummy, that's just working in a way that the "system" doesn't allow. "Ooo Michael you can't say that, you are part of the team now, you can't question the mods even if you disagree with something" - no thanks.

I could never be a mod, you know why? I'm too much like you ;)

oh wow, This is a major surprise as i guess others have felt too.

Having earlier read James thread and now this one. Too lose two mods at same time would not have expected that.

Thanks Rosie, for all you have done for the forum both behind the scenes and in front.

Been a real pleasure seeing you on the forum the past 2 years i have been here, long may it continue, however frequent or infrequent you have the time.

I know from the forum threads how much of your life you have given to the forum, not just being online and active, but arranging all the merchandise as well.

There is no point running a 'best liked moderator' as you would win it hands down.

Glad you are hanging around and can be a normal forum member and give the other moderators hell now, and have fun doing it :D

also , reading you may get another Supra, well, once you had one you have the need of one for life.

All the best,

Ian

DONT DO IT -never really had much to do with mods on here as only recently joined and i have(hopefully) stayed on the right side of the law - when i have needed a mod you were there for me and helped me out - not just anyone can be a mod but you have what it takes(as far as i can tell) so i say again

DONT DO IT!

Predictable but honest as always.

And yes I had a green name and limited access to a section where a minority of active people did all the talking while the rest stayed quiet, such a treat, hardly a position of power, more an admin job. As I said at the time you can be an events organiser without people constantly telling you that you can't be yourself on the forum, that's not spitting the dummy, that's just working in a way that the "system" doesn't allow. "Ooo Michael you can't say that, you are part of the team now, you can't question the mods even if you disagree with something" - no thanks.

I could never be a mod, you know why? I'm too much like you ;)

Perhaps. And you're probably right that I shouldn't be a mod - I just kinda fell into the role back in the day from helping out as we went pay to play. But them's the breaks and here we are. As a whole I think the mod team works well, the others balance me out so to speak.

Cheers,

Brian.