RAF Marham Track Day 12th April 2008

heckler

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have bought a 100mtr roll of carpet protecter,(ithought it was pallet wrap) its a little thicker than cling film and its adehsive, i might try a bit to see if there are no issues with getting the adesive off after, (i would think soapy water) if it works i will bring it along and there is enough for everyone:d

How do you get in... airvents???

Also guys..

I spent last night on the bttc website emailing everyone for used slicks.. and have made contact with a guy who is contracted to supply all tyres for the series, new for every race, so he is sorting me some used slick options...

anyone else fancy a set of BTTC rubber for your spare wheels?

;)

cost is looking at max £80 per tyre + vat.

At a recent trackday at donington a guy in an M3 covered the front in duct tape.

That was my plan...was just going to protect the lights and the front of the bonnet & bumper with it.

The chance to get access to a tyre fitter would be great, I could buy my new rears up front, happily take the current set down to the canvas then get the new set fitted for the drive home.

Is there an area to leave belongings you don't want in the car or do you guys tend to trust that none of the lightfingered brigade wiould attend an event at an RAF base? Obvioulsy I'll be removing things like my sub but was thinking stuff like food / jackets (and tyres now maybe!)

Is there an area to leave belongings you don't want in the car or do you guys tend to trust that none of the lightfingered brigade wiould attend an event at an RAF base? Obvioulsy I'll be removing things like my sub but was thinking stuff like food / jackets (and tyres now maybe!)

dont worry about it, as most wont be out on track at same time, so poeple will be around to watch your stuff, thens there all the marshalls walking around the Pits who are serving RAF.

Thats seems very resonable, do you have anymore info on the tires and what sizes are available?

I'll post up in the next couple of days.. that price was for the best exanples too, so for trackdays it would be a good investment. Goodyear and dunlop.

dont worry about it, as most wont be out on track at same time, so poeple will be around to watch your stuff, thens there all the marshalls walking around the Pits who are serving RAF.

We set up a little base camp last year and there was always someone on guard. :)

I have an industrial roll of cling film I can bring if any one wants to use it? there was a mr2 there last year with the whole front covered in masking tape, would be a lot easyer to get off after.

my bumper has a few cracks and splits at the moment, im just going to repair it then have it painted after.

looking forward to seing you go round the track.. it will be interesting to see how much quicker a prepared car is.

Hi Mike,

yeh it'll be good to run round there again. We'll have competed in the Donny time attack the weekend before, so it should be in good shape... I'll be looking for something challenging to play with :innocent:

hopefully the murci mentioned above will be going well, most of those I've met at tracks are only driven hard a few laps all day!

I take it you'll be sideways again all day !?

hopefully the murci mentioned above will be going well, most of those I've met at tracks are only driven hard a few laps all day!

I take it you'll be sideways again all day !?

That bottom corner... mmmm... 3rd gear sweet sideways heaven.. :)

Can't say I'm the best driver in the world, but I do enjoy it :)

I have heard that the murcealago gets used well, so we should see it stretch it's legs.

I have the contact for those slicks;

Phil Hindley [[email protected]]

Fronts will be same as stock 240/640 profile which is the same as 245/40 r18, but backs will have a slightly higher sidewall than stock at 270/680, so I will try a used set and then if it goes well I'll get a good set for the future.

120 quid plus vat and carriage for a complete fairly well used set to test. I'm sure he has better near new sets, but these will be more ££...

Fronts will be same as stock 240/640 profile which is the same as 245/40 r18, but backs will have a slightly higher sidewall than stock at 270/680, so I will try a used set and then if it goes well I'll get a good set for the future.

will it make a lot of difference to have slightly higer profile on the rear?

I know Si (bignum) uses stretched 240 on the back!!

Guest Angelplayz

Is this just open to Supras?

Would love to bring one of these beasts but I'm probably a few years off at the moment (I'll have a U.K model for my daily runner one day) but at the moment can only afford one toy (VX220) so could I join in?? Sunday would be great for me.

Is this just open to Supras?

Would love to bring one of these beasts but I'm probably a few years off at the moment (I'll have a U.K model for my daily runner one day) but at the moment can only afford one toy (VX220) so could I join in?? Sunday would be great for me.

Me also, if it is open to other cars i don't mind bringing my m3 down.