The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RAF Marham Track Day 12th April 2008

heckler

As Marham is only a Few days away i would recommend to all to make sure that

Thanks for posting that Ryan.

Top club spirit :)

I'll be chcking vac hoses.. have a run out tonight, done the regulation silkoline engine change, and I'll be bringing all the tools too.

being a surf bum, here are some ofthe more trusted weather links for the weekend. First is showing a bit of rain sat pm, 3-4 pm onwards, clear sunday. The second link is more accurate, although they will not reach the weekends forecast until thrs.

http://www.windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=354

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/rain.shtml

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting that Ryan.

being a surf bum, here are some ofthe more trusted weather links for the weekend. First is showing a bit of rain sat pm, 3-4 pm onwards, clear sunday. The second link is more accurate, although they will not reach the weekends forecast until thrs.

http://www.windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=354

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/rain.shtml

I'm sure Si can post a more detailed outlook?

Might make for some interesting corners ;)

wet.jpg

Right, got my car back last night.

New gear box oil, new brake fluid, new CW race pads all round and new oil and filter.

Oh and new exhaust butterfly to limit noise when cruising.

Car not behaving right 100% of the time. I did a first to second gear pull and it was restricting itself in second. Then it never did it again. (butterfly was totally open as with shut the car wont boost in 1st (tried that by accident)) - might order some spare spark plugs just incase

Also have a poss boot issue, the boost controller is set to 1.45 bar and is peaking at 1.36 but the boost gauge is reading 1.66.

AND, realised i thought a set of front tires were rears so am a set of used tires short.

(anyone got any old 255/40/17's hanging around i can destroy.

Off to search and poss post up in technical.

New gear box oil, new brake fluid, new CW race pads all round and new oil and filter.

Car not behaving right 100% of the time. I did a first to second gear pull and it was restricting itself in second. Then it never did it again. (butterfly was totally open as with shut the car wont boost in 1st (tried that by accident)) - might order some spare spark plugs just incase

Also have a poss boot issue, the boost controller is set to 1.45 bar and is peaking at 1.36 but the boost gauge is reading 1.66.

AND, realised i thought a set of front tires were rears so am a set of used tires short.

Sounds like in that 2nd gear pull it was hitting the boost cut limit if the guage is reading 1.66, But i dont know what TDI set as the boost limit but this is what it sounds like. Was it missing?

You want to junk the ext boost controller mate and get it setup through the Aem, then if it overboosts it corrects it self :). Plus you can limit the boost in the lower gears. ;)

Plus a boost solenoid is only £40 and you can then sell the controller for alot more :)

Just did a double check and the ones I took were deffo fronts.. 235etc..

Phew thought I'd dropped you in it after you doing me a favour.

Looking forward to this, just need to get my tyres fitted to rims and get the fluids changed tomorrow then get the alignment checked.

By the looks of things i am going to be the slowest Supra there :D

should even things up a bit if its wet :)

Sounds like in that 2nd gear pull it was hitting the boost cut limit if the guage is reading 1.66, But i dont know what TDI set as the boost limit but this is what it sounds like. Was it missing?

You want to junk the ext boost controller mate and get it setup through the Aem, then if it overboosts it corrects it self :). Plus you can limit the boost in the lower gears. ;)

Plus a boost solenoid is only £40 and you can then sell the controller for alot more :)

Cant afford to spend anymore money on the car at the moment. I like the boost controller setup as it oil temp sensor on it and its easy to setup different boost levels. (when i work out how to do it)

I dont think it was missing but i am going to order some new plugs today just incase. Im assuming it was a miss of some kind.

The boost controller has a limit of 1.45bar but is only reading 1.36.

Shall we take this over here so we dont mess up this thread?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=146616

Just did a double check and the ones I took were deffo fronts.. 235etc..

Phew thought I'd dropped you in it after you doing me a favour.

No worries mate, the ones you have are fronts and i have realised i have a spare old set of tires ready to swap onto my road alloys so all has turned out well there :cool:

Looking forward to this, just need to get my tyres fitted to rims and get the fluids changed tomorrow then get the alignment checked.

By the looks of things i am going to be the slowest Supra there :D

dont worry - i'll have the slowest sup there, as in wont be going around ;) - Just parked up for effect :D

ladies and gents.

Dont want to sound nasty, but can you please stop PM'ing for last minute driver/Passenger changes (cars are not a problem). I've already pushed my luck as it is with the event organiser.

The cut off date was set for a reason, but quite a few of you seem to have forgotten this. At the next event I will not allow ANYONE to change people after the cut off date regardless of who you are.

i have a trackday insurance company giving me a qoute tomorrow, for damage to my car or from my car to any other, i have asked for no excess i will report back in the morning:D

Hi Gaz,

please post up anything on this as soon as you know or can. If it's looking like it will be wet, I'm keen on getting insurance, but not sure whether to go for the people I've already had contact with

cheers

Hi Gaz,

please post up anything on this as soon as you know or can. If it's looking like it will be wet, I'm keen on getting insurance, but not sure whether to go for the people I've already had contact with

cheers

Dear Mr James

RE: Track Day Insurance

With reference to the above we are pleased to confirm our quotation of £259.55 in respect of the track day event, subject to a £2000 excess, including Insurance Premium Tax at 5% via Chubb Insurance.

The above quotation is based on the information provided. It is subject to a satisfactorily completed proposal form.

Payment of the premium must be made in full by cheque or credit card prior to the inception of the policy. Alternatively, if you should wish to pay the premium by direct debit this must be arranged before cover is issued and may be subject to a charge.

Please note the above premium includes a thirty pound arrangement fee.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for your enquiry and if you should wish to proceed with the above quotations or require any further information or advice please do not hesitate to contact our offices.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Kind regards

read, digest, pass it on

"Many thanks for your support for the Marham Track Weekend. Please can I ask you to remind all of your forums that everyone requiring entrance to RAF Marham for the track weekend will need picture identification such as a passport or driving licence. There will be no exceptions and people cannot 'vouch' for each other. No ID equals no entry.

Apologies for the draconian message but I would rather warn people now rather than turn them away at the gate!

I look forward to seeing you this weekend"

Just got back from working away. Got a few things to do tomorrow before the track on saturday :rolleyes:

Fit large Trust/Greddy SMIC, re-mesh grill as I'll have the bumper off anyway, fit bullet cam, oil change, brake fluid change, fit new plugs, check gear box oil, check brakes and find a pair of part worn 19" rear tyres to trash. ;)

Not looking like much time left for a wash and polish.:(

It will be worth the effort though !