The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Doing silly things while tired?

Getrag

Everyone has done it, what are yours?

I was once walking along the street and wanted to look at something behind me. Instead, I looked up and left, as if to look at my rear-view mirror. Lol, i felt daft after that.

The next 2 are from friends.

One was up all night working on a paper for uni. Got very little sleep then got into their car to drive to hand it in. Firstly, however, they tried to adjust the focus of their windscreen so that they could see better. Dear oh dear...

Another one was on the computer. They tried to actually click and drag an address from the computer screen, down onto their desk and into their actual, REAL LIFE diary. I cant imagine how silly they felt.

I lit my thumb instead of a cigarette once.

My worst was about five weeks after moving house from Southampton to Wimborne. I'd worked from 8am through to 9pm straight, shut down, put some music on and drove 'home'. Parked up in front of the garage, got to the front door and was just about to put the key in the lock when I remembered I didnt live in West End, Southampton anymore. Totally running on automatic.

went to the drive through at mac donalds the other day come to the first window ordered, drove to the second payed, got to the third got my drink, straw and bag with dips wipes ect, drove off to find when I got home I had forgotten my food :( could not face going back. so ordered a take away

Half asleep this morning, I put my pain au chocolats in the microwave this morning on a plate with silver swirls on... I was still half asleep until I saw the plate spark in the microwave.... I've always wondered what actually happened.... lol :)

omg lol..

Half asleep this morning, I put my pain au chocolats in the microwave this morning on a plate with silver swirls on... I was still half asleep until I saw the plate spark in the microwave.... I've always wondered what actually happened.... lol :)

;)

Its not quite as spectacular as they make out in the movies is it :(

Gaz.

I do this all the time when my mind is other things went to my car this evening thinking how can I fit the rear spoiler and where abouts do the mounting holes need to be. Hit the key thob to unlock the car then put the key in the lock and locked it. Now I havent put a car key in a car door for 3 years! Took me a few min to work out why I couldnt get in the car!

I seem to suffer from Word Salad when i'm tired, the other night me and the missus were walking home, and I saw she was about to step in a puddle, I pointed to it and said "pillow!":blink: took us both by surprise!

Nice phrase. :)

A while back I was planning on visiting my parents in Gloucester for the weekend, got in the car and on total outpilot drove to my work place in Bracknell (the opposite direction). I got as far as the entrance gates before realising what I'd done :Pling:

You seem to be suffering from it Lol :D

:D I've done that with the wifes knickers. And they fit.

:D

I've done too many to mention daft things like above when not tired. I seem to actually improve with tiredness. Its only when I am so tired my ears start buzzing and my vision starts to go a bit bouncy like old tellies when the vertical fix needed adjusting that I start to lose the plot a bit. I have another 24 hour stint tomorrow. Night shift tonight, bed in half an hour to be up by 7 am to drive to collect my aristo from arnouts place on a trailer. Take said trailered aristo to work, work a night shift, then drive through the night til about 7am to get the damn car back home. No doubt my daughter will have me out of bed by 9am so I expect to be a bit tired :D

About 12 months ago i was changing a 6ft tube in a light fitting, put one end in, went to the other end and grabbed it!

Well that was a nice bolt of electricty that i got, dropped the tube and broke that as well as falling of the steps!

Cause the orignal light was not one i'd forgotten to switch the power off!

Richie