The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Amy Winehouse, what a waste of oxygen.

Getrag

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see why she should be in the public eye, i do like her music but she still takes drugs! Younger people are looking up to her, and WE are giving her money to feed her habit, i think its all wrong. If i got caught with a needle in my arm, i dont think i would just get a warning!

Drugs and general rock and roll behaviour sells papers, especially the tabloids with the rise of the 'celebrity'.

I think she can do what she likes with her wages though, I'm sure you do.

Yeah i do what i want with my wages. But she wouldnt have them wages if it wasnt for her fans, and personally i dont agree with people taking drugs when they have teenagers and younger people as there fans!!

Rock or not, she wont be rocking when shes 6ft under!

And that will be her fault entirely....

it's all too easy to get into tho i guess when you're in the music business. :(

Yeah i do what i want with my wages. But she wouldnt have them wages if it wasnt for her fans, and personally i dont agree with people taking drugs when they have teenagers and younger people as there fans!!

Rock or not, she wont be rocking when shes 6ft under!

Is she drugging the fans to make them buy her records or do they purchase them to extract enjoyment from them?

Nobody forces them to give her record company money.

I know where you are coming from, but she doesn't set a very good example does she.

Anyone with even a small amount of brain capacity would look at the example she's setting as being a reason not to use drugs, not one that shows how great they are.

If kids can't see this then I suspect it's already too late for them and they had issues long before she started releasing records.

I have her album, im not saying she isnt a good artist.

I am saying that i dont agree with her being like this, in the public eye. She was in Brighton, pulling her teeth out....after her concert.

I have attached a photo of her when she was "normal"

Fair enough, maybe the fame has made her take drugs, BUT she is cancelling tours, not going to concerts.......she really cares for her fans. There is HELP out there, addicts on the streets have got help, and are clean, so why cant she with all her money? Help others get clean, and be positive.

I atcually think its sad, and she is Making herself a waste of space. People are now making it part of an IMAGE to take drugs.

Well im sorry, but if its gonna become a trend, like putting makeup on in the mirror, i suggest we all give up hope now, because i certainly dont agree with Rock artists, or anyone in the media to be injecting themselves, sniffing coke, and letting there Perfectly healthy body suffer, when there are people dying of natrual causes, who would do anything to be able to live!!!!

I go out to London clubs all the time, and most beautiful girls are in the toilets sniffing. I also go to hard house nights, and most people are on some sort of drug. Ok, so maybe its coming a way of life for My generation, but the more people who ACCEPT it, the more people will think its ok.....

Anyone with even a small amount of brain capacity would look at the example she's setting as being a reason not to use drugs, not one that shows how great they are.

If kids can't see this then I suspect it's already too late for them and they had issues long before she started releasing records.

And that isnt true.......look at the supermodels/dancers coming out as a size Zero, there bones showing through their clothes.

Then how many young girls starve themselves and make themselves ill, to "look" like that, because apprantly thats how you "have" to be. Even though they PROBABLY know its wrong.

Its sad, but young people look up to people like this, and if the celebs and succesful people with money can do it, why cant they?

And that isnt true.......look at the supermodels/dancers coming out as a size Zero, there bones showing through their clothes.

Then how many young girls starve themselves and make themselves ill, to "look" like that, because apprantly thats how you "have" to be. Even though they PROBABLY know its wrong.

100 supermodels doesn't mean the whole world has gone bone crazy, if people aspire to look like that or Bella Emberg why is it the fault of the person they are looking up to? It's one thing to actively preach about such things but if it's just you living your "normal" life in the media spotlight do you have to be a different person?

How many actually starve themselves or how many are reported on by the sensationist media? Maybe they all hide indoors or maybe it's a southern thing but I don't see a sudden rise in the number of ill looking lasses wandering around... however when Beckham changes his hairstyle you see a lot of that around so maybe it's the same thing :rolleyes:

Its sad, but young people look up to people like this, and if the celebs and succesful people with money can do it, why cant they?

Let them, it's natural selection doing it's thing - if parents want the media and famous people to raise their kids then so be it.

I have her album, im not saying she isnt a good artist.

I am saying that i dont agree with her being like this, in the public eye. She was in Brighton, pulling her teeth out....after her concert.

I have attached a photo of her when she was "normal"

Fair enough, maybe the fame has made her take drugs, BUT she is cancelling tours, not going to concerts.......she really cares for her fans. There is HELP out there, addicts on the streets have got help, and are clean, so why cant she with all her money? Help others get clean, and be positive.

I atcually think its sad, and she is Making herself a waste of space. People are now making it part of an IMAGE to take drugs.

Well im sorry, but if its gonna become a trend, like putting makeup on in the mirror, i suggest we all give up hope now, because i certainly dont agree with Rock artists, or anyone in the media to be injecting themselves, sniffing coke, and letting there Perfectly healthy body suffer, when there are people dying of natrual causes, who would do anything to be able to live!!!!

I go out to London clubs all the time, and most beautiful girls are in the toilets sniffing. I also go to hard house nights, and most people are on some sort of drug. Ok, so maybe its coming a way of life for My generation, but the more people who ACCEPT it, the more people will think its ok.....

Yeah, it's sad, and its a waste. But it just happens. Pressure when famous, and try and be perfect - in body, is immense. Specially for women, but more and more for men.

Skinny over 'Curvy' (chubbster) any day!

A lot of men 'prefer' curvy women purely because it does not make them feel inadequate about their own physical shape.

Most guys who stay in v.good shape like the thinner/fitter girls. The fat boys just can't handle it.

:D

I reckon I'm skinnier than pretty much everyone on this forum dude. Except ShamelessTT - he looked pretty thin ;)

I don't like curvy women because of my own lack of self esteem or feeling inadequate about myself. I just don't like girls who are skinny! It looks unhealthy, they look so drawn and undernourished it's scary.

Oh, and curvy doesn't mean "chubby" :rolleyes: