The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few pics of the Monaro

JamieP

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a few Supercharged ones at a SRR day about 2 monthes ago. The torque curve was very impressive

:cool:

Give us a shout when the SC is fitted mate.

Ryan.

Will do mate.

Very nice Jamie, going to be fun with the supercharger, the brakes where a good move to,

have to say far better than the Evo, but then horses for courses;)

As it stands the evo is quicker (similar power but lighter) but it was to harsh to drive everyday, close ratio box did my head in aswell, this monaro sits at 120mph at just under 3000rpm.

Is it 4 wheel drive?

RWD bud.

hmm very nice mate i wouldnt mine one of those i like them alot, what is it like to drive

As you would imagine really, very smooth powerfull and comftable.

Nice toy Jamie. I have a few mates with Holdens - you might be interested in coming down to the Ace for Australia Day. Are you frequenting the VXR forum?

I agree, stunning car for the money and great fun to drive. The noise alone is worth 90% of the price :)

Nice toy Jamie. I have a few mates with Holdens - you might be interested in coming down to the Ace for Australia Day. Are you frequenting the VXR forum?

I agree, stunning car for the money and great fun to drive. The noise alone is worth 90% of the price :)

Hey Ben, yea i see that on the hsv forum, yea ill be there:)

It has a switchable from inside the car exhaust so when i want to be quiet i can.

That sound like the 'mild to wild' mod for 'Vettes. Just one thing though is that with the exhaust open earleir than normal they were experiencing higher than normal AFR or the car was running lean or something. Just a heads up if you want to research it.

Supercharger is ordered (on its way from austrailia) and its going in first week in febuary with any luck, im having the 9psi kit fitted, last one the guy did made 580ftlb at 1600rpm;)I drove one yesterday that only had the 6psi kit fitted and i was blown away by that, best car ive ever driven, should be an animal with the 9psi:)

Soon:D

:blink::blink: Looking forward to Feb 08 then..

That sound like the 'mild to wild' mod for 'Vettes. Just one thing though is that with the exhaust open earleir than normal they were experiencing higher than normal AFR or the car was running lean or something. Just a heads up if you want to research it.

Cheers bud ill look into that, ill order a an afr gauge aswell:)

Surley its not quicker than the mental supra you had ?

Not as quick but the way it drove was amazing and throtal response was instant torque,and the best part it was smooth and comftable (maybe im getting old:D) i loved it, cant wait to get mine done.

Jamie,

Ignore the exhaust flap stuff. The problems appeared to amount to nothing and it seems there are only positives.

Surely that'll cut mega mph off the top end?

Scott =op

Why dos it always have to be about top end? You spend more time lower down the counter than you do up high and that's where there is fun to be had.

Jamie,

Ignore the exhaust flap stuff. The problems appeared to amount to nothing and it seems there are only positives.

Why dos it always have to be about top end? You spend more time lower down the counter than you do up high and that's where there is fun to be had.

Well, high end acceleration as well as top end. Doesnt have to be about anything, i was just making an observation.

Scott =op