The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spotted: Oxygene

oxygene

Unfortunately by a Police Speed Trap!! :cry:

On 03/01/2005 at 14:43 at A38 Gloucester Rd NR Highwood Rd, Patchway, Bristol,

Motor vehicle A15OXY TOYOTA SUPRA

did EXCEED 40 MPH SPEED LIMIT (POLICE OPERATED EQUIPMENT)

contrary to S89 1 RTRA 1984

The recorded speed was 53 mph.

I know exactly where it happened, driving out of Filton up towards the Almondsbury Interchange, a camera van was stuch on the side of the road, with its tail gate open. I know was driving a little too fast, if memory serves against a Halfrauds boy giving it large.

The thing that P!$$3$ me off about this is, that stretch of road is a dual carriageway.

Why can't the police go off and catch the real criminals!!

So I gotta go down the cop shop this morning and sort this out. My last speeding ticket expired last year and I havent so far sent it off to get the points taken off, so when I get it back again, my licence is still gonna have 3 points on it.

Ahhh well $h!t happens :confused:

yeah its especially bad in The West Country...soz to hear that Ash....it dosn't make sence I know 53 in a 40 on a dual carrigeway...I could understand if they were outside a School or something.

Thing is the Police In the West Country have less to do with real crime I guess...maybe the odd person caught 'Scrumping' he he....i do feel I'm more likely to be pulled over down there than in the South East...and more likely to encounter Gatso Vans.

its stupid init.....ya can drive the bollox off ya car at 180 leps then ya get caught doing 53 in a 40....

yeah its especially bad in The West Country...soz to hear that Ash....it dosn't make sence I know 53 in a 40 on a dual carrigeway...I could understand if they were outside a School or something.

Thing is the Police In the West Country have less to do with real crime I guess...maybe the odd person caught 'Scrumping' he he....i do feel I'm more likely to be pulled over down there than in the South East...and more likely to encounter Gatso Vans.

its stupid init.....ya can drive the bollox off ya car at 180 leps then ya get caught doing 53 in a 40....

Ha Ha have you been watching Bill Bailey's new DVD by any chance? He talks about Scrumping on there PMSL.

Gaz

At least you don't do what my mate did in Swindon .. check this out. He gives my mate a lift to the gym coz her car is busted all to shit.

He's doing 48mph down a dually. The speedlimit is 40. He get's clocked by 2 jamroles sitting in their filth-mobile. At this point he doesn't know it. He drops my mate off ... heading back the way he came and gets' done again for doing 49mph in the exact same place!!!

He recieves 6 points and £120 fine through the post - then when I say to him goto court and plead your case .. those 6 points may have gone down to 4. He says "Can't be arsed .. in getting dressed up and suited." Then procedes to moan about the 6points and £120 and being a criminal! :)

Well...

I have to say... there are some understanding blue.. (thank god)...

pop out quickly 5 mins ago to the local garage which has a rather nice large roundabout...

Given it some round it, got the back end out in time to swing it the other way into the petrol station.. to see a bm parked up.. being the short arse I am... didn't see over the pump was a set of blue lights...

Had the red led lighting kit on... so instantly hit the off switch..and walked in calmly... to get told...

'Nice car son, seemed liked you were having some fun with it'

"Yes officer" (being the required kiss arse when I know I'm in trouble)

'Well. take it easy as there are a few patrol cars out tonight, and nice red lights'

Whooops...but at least there as some friendly ones out there

Agreed, I got (quite rightly) pulled over for straying slightly over the speed limit on a dual carriageway :innocent: and after the obligatory questions / breath test etc was advised "I know you've got a large spoiler on the back but just be careful who's behind you" :D

To be honest I've NEVER met a rude or bad policeman (granted I've not met many), I've got a lot of respect for them, doing a job I certainly couldn't.

My problem is with whoever tells them to waste a whole day standing around with a speed camera / van :banghead:

Well...

pop out quickly 5 mins ago to the local garage which has a rather nice large roundabout...

Given it some round it, got the back end out in time to swing it the other way into the petrol station.. to see a bm parked up.. being the short arse I am... didn't see over the pump was a set of blue lights...

Had the red led lighting kit on... so instantly hit the off switch..and walked in calmly... to get told...

'Nice car son, seemed liked you were having some fun with it'

"Yes officer" (being the required kiss arse when I know I'm in trouble)

'Well. take it easy as there are a few patrol cars out tonight, and nice red lights'

Whooops...but at least there as some friendly ones out there

Had a similar incident a few weeks ago. Had very bald wheels (was booked in the next day to get new ones on) and had to take brothers girlfriend home cos they had missed the last bus, so it was about 11 on a friday night and heading towards town thought i d best take it easy, lots of police around. Anyway, on the way back on the outskirts of town saw a kitted Scoobie parked up so thought i'd blast it a few hundred yards across a crossroads. The lights were just changing to amber as well. Anyway at the next lights saw the police car behind me so set off sensibly and wen to turn off road and he flashed. He was really cool about it and basically just said was a nice fast car and should take it easy. He checked the front wheels which were fine but never checked the rears which would have been a massive fine. Think i was luckiest guy on the roads that night. Needless to say i drove home at a steady 27mph.

:looney:

Gaz

this is a snippet of a mail a mate sent me!

"

ok..the story goes like this (true) but lets say a mate told me...

watching tv and see plod is doing a new roadside speeding and seatbelt and phone clampdown localy,,,hmmm thats "my friend" fucked then...not just fines but points too..oh fundyfundyfunfun.

following day hes driving through ummm a local city and plod jumps out in front of him...SCREEETCH...crash ,everything in the back of his van is now in the front...luckily he had been on the phone and wasnt speeding coz he couldnt change gear very well and had just put it back neatly in its holder safe and sound....

the friend then jumps out of van to hide fact he wasnt wearing his belt as he doesnt want any points and runs back to plod to "see what he could have wanted"....ok,,,scene is set and the conversation goes like this.....(100% true-enjoy)

f=friend

p=plod

f...hello,what is the problem,you almost got hit doing that.

p...yes i didnt think ud seen me,do u know why i stopped you?

f...no not at all can i help you with something?

p...is there a reason you wernt wearing your seatbelt before i write out the ticket?

f...(fuck) but i was wearing my belt!

p..no you were not wearing it,just admit it ok.

f...i was wearing it and i know i was coz ive just had to undo it to get out and see what u were up to.

p..you were not wearing your belt and its an offence.

f...was

p...were not

f...fukin was

p...dont swear at me coz thats an offence aswel

f...well we can stand here all day arguing about it but the fact is i was wearing it and you must be wrong.i have a black flight jacket on so how could you see anyway from the pavement?

p..im not wrong i saw you.we can sort this at the station if you like.

f..fine i will just lock it up then....

p..no you cant leave it here..this is silly..just admit it and take a ticket and be on your way.

f...no..havnt done anything,i know i had it on and im not mad or imagining it or anything,the belt was on.

p...nor am i and theres nothing wrong with my eyesight either

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS WHERE THE TROUBLE STARTS...hindsight n that..!

f...well theres only one of us with glasses on and it aint me and you aint got em on for the hell of it i guess.

BAD MOVE.........THERE THEN FOLLOWS AN INTERLUDE OF BITCHING LIKENED TO THAT IN A SCHOOL PLAYGROUND AND A FULL CHECK OF MY MATES VAN DOCS AND TYRES AND SUCH....my mate trying not to laugh.

p...well i havnt got time for your sort today and i have work to do so count yourself lucky im letting you off with a caution.

f...for what wearing a seatbelt and a black jacket that makes it hard to see? thanks.

p...mutter mutter dont..mutter push mutter mutter luck....just move your van coz your holding up the busses now.

f...mutter mutter,better things to do,mutter it was you that mutter mutter,stopped me here,mutter propper criminals,rapists,twat muttermutter.thank you.

aint life fun..

"

Was PMSL when I read that! Actually happened in Oxford City!

• 1 month later...

sent off all the paperwork plus my licence, paid the fine, ahh well shit happens :conf:

Marts and I have just set the study back up in Glous and my scanner is now working again, so I thought i would take the P!$$ out of the speed camera people.

Behold the new face of the Safety Camera Partnership:

http://madgroup.co.uk/speedface.jpg

based on the original Logo:

http://madgroup.co.uk/speedlogo.jpg

Sorry it's been a long afternoon and I was bored :) :) :)