The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fantastic condition, unmodified, low mileage, silver TT6

SteveR

Details:

I live (and the car is situated) near Worcester, UK.

The car will come with 12 months MoT - I'll MoT it once a sale is agreed and if it picks up any failures (touch wood but I doubt it) I’ll get them fixed at my expense.

The odometer reading is currently 74,261 km but the mileage is 49,261 miles.

(The odometer reading is made up of a combination of kilometres and miles as is usual on imported cars - see below for full details*.)

The only reason I am selling is because I want to start tuning/modifying and I don't want to modify what is one of the last few remaining 'stock' examples. I won't ever be without a Supra, this car was fantastic for me and everything I ever hoped a Supra would be. It's a cliché, but I will be very sad to see it go.

After describing my car as "stock", let me please clarify;

• it has the highly desireable factory-fitted option bodykit (skirts & spats)
  • it has the factory-fitted option uprated suspension
  • I have fitted HID headlights (dipped beam)
  • it came from Japan with a boost gauge fitted (but still runs at stock boost, with both stock cats) so you can keep an eye on that and know it's healthy
  • it came from Japan with a turbo timer fitted (to help you look after the turbos)
  • it came from Japan with has after market ‘alloy’ pedals with a grippy rubber grip pattern
  • it has a Category 1 alarm & immobiliser fitted, complete with 2 fobs and installation certificate

I've also carried out the fog light mod (it still has 4 brake lights under normal circumstances, but you can switch on the inner 2 when it's foggy).

The car is fitted with the standard 16" alloys but in the factory option anthracite colour (dark grey) which offset the body colour nicely. These are fitted with Bridgestone S02s all round, all of which have loads of tread left.

The car originally came with the standard cloth front seats but I will be selling it with some stock leather front seats I have retro-fitted. The whole interior of the car is in fantastic condition.

History:

The car was brought to the UK by Jurgen (of JM-Imports) at the end of July 2005 as a private import on my behalf and I would gladly use Jurgen again as he found me an excellent example that several people have since told me pulls very hard for a car running stock boost. Here is a link to the original details on the JM-Imports website.

Included in the sale is all of the documentation I have from Japan; auction sheets, etc. (I'll check what I've got and update.) Also included are all the MoTs, service sheets, etc I have for the time I've owned it.

Very soon after it was imported, and approximately ~9,000 miles ago, I had a full check-up and service carried out by Chris Wilson, including replacing the timing belt, all fluids including the gearbox oil and also fitment of uprated, longer-life Iridium plugs. Since then it has had 2 further oil & filter changes (fully synthetic Ester-based stuff every time), the most recent being approximately 1,500 miles ago when the car was also treated to some of Chris Wilson's ‘fast road’ pads.

I can offer no guarantee as to the accuracy of the following statement; but I'm pretty sure it only had 1 owner in Japan and that it was normally garaged over there as the plastic headlights only had minimal yellowing (which have since been cleaned up). Although you can never guarantee the mileage on an import both Jurgen and Chris Wilson reckoned it was genuine and I speaking personally I have never had reason to doubt it.

My ownership:

Since it's been in the UK it has been garaged (and under a cover) every night, only ever run on super unleaded (97~100 RON), always warmed up fully via steady driving before being revved or put under boost, and always cooled down properly before being switched off. Under my ownership at least, it's never been taken into the redline and has basically been looked after extremely well. If I had kids they probably wouldn't be this well cared for! I've driven it on salted roads maybe twice ever (and immediately washed & dried it) and generally have kept it indoors during the winter months and even just rainy weather - the Supra it isn't my daily driver, it's my cherished toy. I always wanted a mkiv Supra, I still love it now as I did when I bought it and have always taken very great care of it.

I converted the odometer and speedometer (and carried out a de-limit) in May 2006 and documented the odometer reading before & after the process so any new owner can be confident of the mileage when this was done.

* = The current mileage, 49,261, is a combination of 66,027 kilometres (41,027 miles) travelled before the speedometer conversion and 8,234 miles that have been travelled since. The odomoter reading is thus 74,261. I carefully planned to, and then carried out the speedometer conversion at exactly 66,027 kilometres, because that is precisely 41,027 miles – i.e. you just take 25,000 off the odometer reading in order to calculate the current mileage! :)

Condition:

I'm not in a rush to sell. If I still have the car this time next year I certainly won't mind, it's an excellent example inside/outside/mechanically, even if I do say so myself!

I've described the car as "Mint" as it isn’t quite "As New" but "Good" certainly does not do it justice - it was a grade 4 at the auction and if anything is has actually improved since. There is a small stone chip on the bonnet paintwork and if you look very closely the paintwork on the passenger-side wing is a little dull; however I intend to get both these points rectified before a sale goes through.

The car comes complete with all of the boot tools, spacesaver spare wheel, boot blind, "Supra" mats etc - nothing has been removed from the car.

Miscellaneous comments:

More/higher resolution photos are available on request.

The car has never let me down, and I'm aware of no faults other than the minor points mentioned above, which I intend to have fixed before a sale goes through anyway.

Any inspection/history checks/etc welcome, of course.

The icing on the cake is that a picture of it has been voted into the 2008 club calendar (August).

I'm happy to answer any questions about anything to do with the car; I can't think of anything else to say right now. To be honest I think I've gone a bit numb from the thought of selling! :badidea:

Wow! Thanks for the replies & kind words everyone :)

I almost felt sick when I posted this - and I wrote the ad 3 months ago so I knew it was coming, lol. Poor Supra... s'done nothing wrong and yet I go and post up an ad to sell her.... it's only because I don't want to start hacking away and changing bits, so it's better this way.... :cry:

Thanks everyone :)

I think the mileage may go up a by couple of hundred at the start of Feb.... I've got to treat myself to a birthday drive! I still feel like a traitor, selling my poor Supra... I too hope that it will stay in the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.