The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I Am Legend (The Film, not me) ** spoilers inside**

MrRalphMan

Wow,

Just finished watching this.

Great film right up to the ending, which I thought was a little weak.

When Sam died, it almost got me.. :(

Don't think I would have lasted three years in that environment... uuuurgh.

I thought I'd better start another thread, as Nic's title isn't the best...

Paul.

Shoot Em Up is coming up next.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you've asked that before... :)

I don't know as I've not seen the O Man. But it's not just a remake of 28 Days later as some say.

AHA!!!!

The Omega Man is a 1971 science fiction thriller starring Charlton Heston. The movie is based on Richard Matheson's 1954 novel, I Am Legend. The screenplay was written by John William and Joyce Corrington, and the movie was directed by Boris Sagal. It was filmed in Technicolor with mono sound and ran for 98 minutes. The movie received a MPAA rating of PG in the U.S. The story was first filmed in 1964, under the title The Last Man on Earth, with Vincent Price in the lead role. A third adaptation of the story, I Am Legend, starring Will Smith, was released on December 14, 2007.

Not a bad film at all, didn't like the bit with Sam though as I have a GSD who is my little girl and she's not very well. Sounds daft but that spoiled the otherwise excellent film.

I do wonder though if he was broadcasting for 3 years how come he didn't know about the camp? Oddness.

I thought it was a great film. Great acting by mr Smith and the storyline was original... not the usual call in the US airforce to save the world type of thing.

Transformers - great graphics but the acting from the support characters and general target audience was not to my liking. Aimed at mid-teens I thought, with mid-teen american type of comedy thrown in.

I saw it this afternoon - disappointing but maybe that's my fault for refusing to look at reviews first, I just saw the trailer, liked the look of it and took the risk :)

I liked the sound of the Mustang, that was the highlight - the rest of the film seemed too familiar, too predictable - a lot like the Stephen King book "Cell" in some ways, obviously the Omega Man in others.

It's an "OK" film I guess but the ending wasn't great and I don't like films where animals get hurt.

and the storyline was original... .

As previously quoted, it's a rehash. The only survivor in the world has been done to death. Left loads of unanswered questions like why is he still alive. I preferred the Charlton Heston version where he really is loopy loo, talks to himself and does car deals with dead sales reps. Will's acting was very good. Along way from Fresh Prince from Bell End.

The only thing that I thought let it down were the animated "infected". 28 days was scary because they used real people (athletes at that) who as a result moved and ran as humans do but very quickly which made them MUCH scarier than anything computer generated.

Saw this last night.

I thought it was a good film BUT more a more upmarket remake of 'Blade' more than anything else! You know, loads of vampires, one immune person that harvests his blood to make a cure, etc with an overlap into 28 Days Later.

However, Will Smiths acting was truly brilliant.

My favourate part - The SR71 Blackbird being used as a Golf Tee. That's Uber cool. :) See 0:48 below. Brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgyO8jl2pGM

Saw this yesterday and was fairly impressed considering the reviews I'd read.

I'd watched The Last Man On Earth on Sumo TV the day before and both films were spookily similar. Legend is much closer to the original than Omega Man.

But it was a shame they had to tack on a 'happy ever after' ending.

Typical Hollywood. :(

I just got back from watching it and I was very let down with it...

In my opinion (please feel free to argue with me), the following things let it down:

1. they could have made it much more than it was. The story didn't really have any direction. I.e. until the woman arrived it was an apocolyptic version of Castaway.

2. If the Zombies are mindless monsters why did they think to move the manikin?

3. All the 'Zombies' looked the same (and were made via computer generation)

4. Why did they set the dogs on him and not go after him themselves (if they are so mad and blood thirsty)?

5. Was it me or was there one 'Zombie' boss (the guy who released the dogs, headbutted the glass etc) and if so didn't he die on the when the woman saved Will Smith at the port?

6. If the 'Zombies' found him by tracking his blood, surely they would have done that years ago?

7. Anyone know what that water was that he poured over his step?

8. it was very similar to 28 days later (but rather than a story line they just spent money on computer generation).

IMO if they had made the film an hour longer, added more depth to the storyline (i.e. why would Will Smith give his life to pass the cure to a woman on a religious quest when he had only just met her and when he stated like 1 scene earlier that God didn't exist).