The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skin Pan Roads - WARNING

mikeyb10supra

No, a combo of the two apparently - the sugars help the salt stick but the residue left over makes the roads slippy.

Only a committee meeting could think of something so ludicrous! So, they salt the roads to avoid ice, and hence avoid slippery roads, yet they then add in sugar to cause the roads to be slippery :confused:

I don't give a crap what the weather is like... mines been in the garage for best part of 7 months getting fixed/upgraded and as I got it back yesterday, I've been out 5 times today, washed it between trips even went shopping with the missus just to get behind the wheel again. :p

There is something strangely exciting about spinning the wheels when mr tubbie kicks in but I do make sure the road is clear both ways and I am in the middle with a straight line ahead. :eyebrows:

Around corners and anywhere with the slightest potential of danger, it's nearly stalling in first :rolleyes:

I have no issues with my N/A at all, good tyres, well set up suspension - apart from the disgusting black filth that sticks to the supra each time I go out. Keeping it clean when its a daily driver is impossible :( But at least I get the chance to enjoy it every day!! :D

In all fairness, there are some very powerful supra's here that have enough trouble planting power in slightly damp, or even dry conditions. In this weather the results could be disasterous, even at low boost :eek: Too many fatalities and bad offs reported this year. If your not happy, keep it tucked up nice and warm in your garage ;)

Linda

It just doesn't make sense for me to use it at the mo. My drive to work is about 6 miles of country lanes which have been extremely muddy of late. If I had to do a lot of dual carriage way/ motorway driving then I'd be more inclined to use the Supra.

The road to and from our village is covered with mud for most of the winter. I have no trouble driving on it. Am I doing something wrong?

I just wouldn't use my aristo at this time of year because keeping it as shiny as I like to see it is impossible. It takes too long to clean all that nasty winter road grime off it for my liking. Not only that the thought of what that salt is doing to my intercooler, radiator, the underside of my car I can't fresh water wash weekly, and the other parts that salty water could sit gives me sleepless nights. OH no no no. My car sits in the garage from october til the sun comes out in may. I have a crappy volvo and a range rover for ordinary driving.

The road to and from our village is covered with mud for most of the winter. I have no trouble driving on it. Am I doing something wrong?

I never said I'm incapable of driving the Supra sedately. I Just don't see the point in driving it when I've have another car which I can have a lot more fun in this time of year. That and the Supra costs about twice as much to run for no actual benefit to me.

I never said I'm incapable of driving the Supra sedately. I Just don't see the point in driving it when I've have another car which I can have a lot more fun in this time of year. That and the Supra costs about twice as much to run for no actual benefit to me.

spot on, totally agree. Apart from the bit where you said you have another car which you can drive which is just as much fun ;)