The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skin Pan Roads - WARNING

mikeyb10supra

I know everyone keeps saying it but please be careful out there at this time of year lads, I have just been out and the roads are like skid pans especially slip roads and roundabout exits. Lets not lose anymore supras this year.

It makes me realise how much respect you must show this car through the winter months

340bhp and rear wheel drive are not a great combo

Safe driving chaps

Mikey:cool:

I know everyone keeps saying it but please be careful out there at this time of year lads, I have just been out and the roads are like skid pans especially slip roads and roundabout exits. Lets not lose anymore supras this year.

It makes me realise how much respect you must show this car through the winter months

Safe driving chaps

Agreed, it's not jsut ice you've gotta be careful of, the roads are covered in mud, leaves, grease, grit...

I went out briefly in Sup' last weekend and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Safe driving chaps

wont take mine out till +5c, dont mind wet roads but not this ice,its not worth it .

Been out and about. Not had any real issues. How do you lot drive? Digital right foot is it.

My only complaint is how dirty the car gets.

My car doesnt deserve to be put through the torments of ice, salt, rain or snow. Only the bestest sunlight or moonlight for mine :rolleyes: time to get a life!

I did have a second car to plod about in and found the supra just sit's about getting old and not used so I figured I would get rid of my MG and use the supra, otherwise there was no point owning it. Yes the other car did help in the winter but I cant see the point in spending money on a second car just to use it for a couple months of the year. Anyway, you still see Porsche’s, M5's, TVR's etc, etc, that have more power to the back wheels than 'most' supra's do and they don’t seem to crash that often.

I dont get why people are saying that it's pointless driving a supra unless you can nail it everywhere you go. Whats wrong with enjoying the car and driving it sensibly for what it is. It's not just a fast car that needs to be ragged about, it works very well as a nice comfortable cruiser aswel you know. Personaly I drive mine sensibly most year round and only put the foot down for the odd occaisional rush or spirited drive in the summer. Yes I do like the power but the car has more to offer than just that, it looks lovely and has all the luxery's you need.

My car doesnt deserve to be put through the torments of ice, salt, rain or snow. Only the bestest sunlight or moonlight for mine :rolleyes: time to get a life!

Why don't you just put it in a display case?

It's a car. It's designed to be driven and if you only ever drive in the best conditions you'll never learn all it's limits.

I read some shite on here, I really do.:rolleyes:

Nope, just don't see a point in driving the Supra if I can't put my foot down even a little bit.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, you still see Porsche’s, M5's, TVR's etc, etc, that have more power to the back wheels than 'most' supra's do and they don’t seem to crash that often.

Good point.

Haven't driven mine in a week. I hate looking outside the window and thinking 'hmmm, if only the weather was better'

Like Cable said, I don't see the point in running a big car like that unless I'm going to use it properly

You'll never use it properly on the road anyway. Get it to a track.

I dont get why people are saying that it's pointless driving a supra unless you can nail it everywhere you go. Whats wrong with enjoying the car and driving it sensibly for what it is. It's not just a fast car that needs to be ragged about, it works very well as a nice comfortable cruiser aswel you know. Personaly I drive mine sensibly most year round and only put the foot down for the odd occaisional rush or spirited drive in the summer. Yes I do like the power but the car has more to offer than just that, it looks lovely and has all the luxery's you need.

Spot on.

Yes I do like the power but the car has more to offer than just that, it looks lovely and has all the luxery's you need.

They do look lovely but I didn't buy mine to pose in and I'm not too bothered on the comfort factor. I've got an MX5 for my daily drive and I feel a lot happier chucking that around in this weather, plus if it does go tits up I'll prolly be going a lot slower and it wouldn't cost no where near as much to fix.

After 7 years in the supra and driving in all the possible conditions i found it very driveable. Even when the M11 was shut due to the snow, my supra quite happily poddled along the slow lane with the RLTC doing it's thing..

You should try driving my cerbera in this weather... it spins the rear wheel in the dry at 1500rpm in first.

Now that is an experience :-)

That's when it's not leaking, breaking down, overheating, in the garage... lol.

I have to agree with RedM and Chris and Alana. I've been driving mine regularly throughout December and I've had no issues whatsoever, and people claiming they want to use their cars "properly" won't achieve that on a public road, even in the height of summer.

I also tend to cruise along motorways slower than most traffic in it - it's a pleasure to drive and a bit of "off" weather isn't going to stop me using her.

I can't quite understand why there are so many "OMG it's so icy out there I just went round a roundabout backwards" type threads recently. You're driving a powerful RWD car on a wet/icy road. Seriously, what did you expect to happen when you used your apparently lead right foot?!? :search:

:goodpost: