The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RC Helicopters

chainy

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WILL prevail ;) lol

Yes - deffo agree on #1 - I just need to learn HOW to set it up properly...

#2 - no idea, as I've never flown one - but happy in my decision to go with the Belt-CP.

I'm going out into a much bigger grassy area this weekend - garage is too small and I'm too frightened to hit anything. At least when I'm outside I can get some height on the heli, and not worry about drifting into a wall!

I have prevailed!!!!! YAY!

Weather today is fantastic for flying - get out there while you've got the chance!

I've been hovering, almost totally in my control (when it's not I land and bring it back closer to me) and I've got 10mins worth of actual flying now, with NO damage whatsoever!!!!! wooo!

Addictive hobby this - next on my list is inverted flying!! (lol - kidding!)

VERY nice mate! I bet you're chuffed! :) I would be.

Nothing changed at my end - I can hover quite well now, although the wind still catches me out!!!

I'm just finishing the build to my dads petrol scale lama too - waiting for some bits to arrive from auzzie, but otherwise should be good!! proper 3-blade head too, although think this will have to be removed as the links look to have perished.

• 1 month later...

Give the choice between the Blade 400 and T-rex450's I'd go with the Rex's.

More parts available and better made from what Ive seen.

Still a nice helicopter.

With that TX, its quite a good deal.

That alone its worth £150.

I have one of those DX6is and its an awesome bit of kit.

Hard to learn on as its programable, but really good once set-up AND no more servo problems.

I'd still go with a eSky Belt-CP of KINGII if I were you Jamie.

Easy to fix and easy to learn on.

I've got a T-Rex too. I've only had it out in the back yard twice now though. It was my birthday present earlier this month. I used to have a Sceadu 30 which was a pretty big (50 sized) glow model.

I'm spending all my time on the sim (Phoenix) though before I do anything more than simple hovering in the back yard!

The T-Rex is great, I really like it, but all in it's cost probably over £800. I already had the transmitter 'cause I bought that with the copy of Phoenix about a year ago, but I think the actual cost to get going on a T-Rex SE v2 is something like:

£260 for the kit

£30 for PSU

£40 for charger

£100 for 401 gyro

£200 for pcm 9x transmitter

£50 for pcm receiver

£60 for s9257 tail servo

£60 for three hs65mg cyclic servos

Which makes those 'ready to go' T-Rex clones for ~£250 - 260 with everything included, although none of the fancy metal parts, quite appealing.

• 1 month later...

Just finishing building a bling'ed up 450 T-rex / X-copter.

Digital servo, HH GY400 gyro, Ar6200 TX for my programable DX6i and lots of bling.

The canopy is a limited number hand sprayed design from a company in the US. Amazing detail and a work of art.

Dont think I'm going to fly this one :cool:

picture.php?albumid=33&pictureid=164

picture.php?albumid=33&pictureid=166

picture.php?albumid=33&pictureid=165

toy room :)

picture.php?albumid=33&pictureid=167

Dude, that's too many helicopters!

I took mine out on a nice field by the end of the road the other week, and it was cool but doesn't feel like I've set it up right. It hovers at what feels like more than 3/4 stick, and it seems to drop almost a meter in height with just a small gust of wind. I suppose that's stationary transitional lift or something (the air's moving even if the heli isn't).

I tried to do a flip, which I can do easily on the sim, and it turned into a massive loop instead, almost hitting the ground. Tried again and it was exactly the same. I was a bit shaky after that and called it a day :)