The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RC Helicopters

chainy

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn - unlucky mate... :(

I've flown outside again today - well I say flown but I mean hovered about 2cm about the ground lol....

Gave the sofa away today too, so front room is virtually empty - had the heli skimming its way over the laminate flooring until the battery ran out - still no real flying but nevermind!

I've broken one of the supports to the horizontal tail fin - need to find the part number for a replacement...

Right well I'm pretty gutted now :(

Bent feathering shaft, another blade broken, dead servo and broken training gear. Oh, and main gear has some knackered teeth. Got loads of spares coming from HK - but not servo, training gear, or main gear dammit!

This is gonna be expensive..... maybe I should quit now, and get something a bit more robust....

It was only a small crash! about 1/2 foot in the air, blades hit ground first..

I got a 4 channel last week. Been really enjoying it in my games room. Starting to get the hang of it. Done a few blades as you can imagine but i let a friend have a go and he chrashed it but left the throttle on. New servo time :(

Its not the part that annoys me, its the no flying it on this perfect day. It could have been its first trip outdoors

that's almost EXACTLY the same back at my parents house (also known as my storage-shed lol)

I've got a huge Spitfire sitting there, all finished ready to go with a big petrol engine in it, and a 8-foot wingspan surveilance plane (has camera mounted to bottom - dad bought this to train with!) but I don't think either will ever get flown - we'd be absolutely GUTTED if they came back in 100's of bits :(

I blame you entirely for my retake on this hobby mate! I've spent about £80/90 on parts for my belt-cp and it's not even been in the air for 20 seconds yet! (mainly skimming on the floor all over the place)

I want to get it 100% fixed, and then try again with MORE SPACE... if things go wrong this time then I may just cry :( LOL

LOL, tell me about it.

I've spent £100s on parts.

Sunday was a nightmare crashing my KINGII and CP2 within 5 minutes.

Even starting writing a list of parts i need or bought because I keep forgetting what I've ordered and from where.

The post lady thinks I building my own airforce.

She's buying a 2nd post bag especially for my models. ;) LOL

Today I recieved a really nice MD500E body, tail and skids.

Yesterday it was navigation LEDS and spotlight so I can fly at night.

Jeezzzzzz.... flying at night... talk about making it difficult for yourself HAHAHA :)

You keep getting these lovely heli bodies... really makes me want one, but I really REALLY should learn to fly first!

Out of interest, how heavy are the bodies - do they affect flight time that much? I've heard the common airwolf bodies seem to reduce flight time by almost a half...

Great to know Ed. I think I'll just settle for a Radio Controlled Tank on my B'Day. This heli-stuff sounds just too expensive:rolleyes:

Get the XRB sky robo i have bud, its so easy to fly and has full movement, had a couple crashes but ony broke couple blades, it comes with 8 spare blades, only time i crash it is when i fly it back towards myself and get confused with left and right, far easyer to reverse it back:D;)

http://www.sloughrc.com/asp/default.asp?itemid=B-H0301-913

out of interest, how heavy are the bodies - do they affect flight time that much? I've heard the common airwolf bodies seem to reduce flight time by almost a half...

yes, flight time is reduced.

You can forget the 3D stuff too.

Its slow turns and hovers with the bodies,... but that makes the heli look more realistic. I'm not a big fan of those erratic grass cutter 3d pilots (even tho I respect the skill involved).

Get the XRB sky robo i have bud, its so easy to fly and has full movement, had a couple crashes but ony broke couple blades, it comes with 8 spare blades, only time i crash it is when i fly it back towards myself and get confused with left and right, far easyer to reverse it back:D;)

http://www.sloughrc.com/asp/default.asp?itemid=B-H0301-913

Jamie, I should have yours mate as it must be time for you to get an upgraded model ;)- you must have had it for weeks now:D

yes, flight time is reduced.

You can forget the 3D stuff too.

Its slow turns and hovers with the bodies,... but that makes the heli look more realistic. I'm not a big fan of those erratic grass cutter 3d pilots (even tho I respect the skill involved).

ah cool - slowing things down is a good thing.

I too am a real scale model enthusiast - one reason why I LOVE what you've done to your bodies for the heli's so far! :)

My mates just told me he's really into RC modelling - and he's going the petrol engined route. I am REALLY interested in getting my petrol models back up in the air too, so might just do that!

Did a silly thing today though - walked into one of the local model shops - saw some LOVELY "scale" (term used loosely) electric planes - spitfires etc - all RTF.... really wanted to buy one!

However - I think I should use the models I've got rather than going and buying yet more! lol It means joining BMFA (to cover my ass insurance-wise) and find a local club..... tis annoying but would probably be the wiser choice.

I've finally had some of my replacement parts turn up for my heli - and I replaced one of the damaged servos with a towerpro sg90 - but when I realised how much better this servo was over the stock model, I replaced all 4 of them with the other spares I bought - SOOOO much better!

Just a few more bits to turn up now and I'll have a heli ready to fly again , or should that be crash??? :) lol

• 2 weeks later...