The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec Supra Twin Turbo 6 Speed Black

Zed

After 2 ½ amazing years I’m finally selling my Sup, thanks to a £2,400.00 insurance renewal quote. I’m going to include as much info as I can think of so this might be a long post.

Registered to Toyota GB on 1/08/1993 who owned it till 08/07/1994. Original reg was L62 BPL, the official Toyota press car was L65 BPL

109,930 miles, absolutely complete history with 20k of Toyota invoices to prove.

New radiator, AC condenser, HKS S Type FMIC and Toyota Red coolant @ 100,000 Miles, replaced due to age and crumbling fins. FMIC is fully ducted.

Chrome radiator pipe to replacing sagging rubber one, supplied by Envy.

Chris Wilson uprated clutch fitted @ 103,425 and brand new stock flywheel.

Denso Iridium spark plugs, IK24.

Silkolene Pro S 10w50 every 4,500 miles + Lexus V8 oil filter.

V160 Getrag gearbox oil changed @ 104,211 miles (£30/litre)

Cambelt @ approx 108,000 miles fitted by Chris Wilson.

Front de-cat fitted by Chris Wilson.

All brakes refurbed and Chris Wilson pads fitted and fluid chaged to Motul RBF 600 @ 108,546.

Motul fluid change in diff.

Paintwork is immaculate due to having it Zymolled twice a year which is a product I highly reccommend, not cheap though.

Standard cream leather with fully working electrics, including the heated seats. Drivers seat is a little worn as you’d expect and I have included a picture. Passenger seat is in very good condition and the rears look virtually unused. Never been smoked in and there are absolutely no stains or burns anywhere inside the car and I have kept the carpets meticulously clean. I wouldn’t even allow anyone to eat in the car, except maybe some polo mints.

I have covered only 11,000 miles in 2 ½ years and the only thing to go wrong was the EGCV needed replacing, I had this work carried out by Chris Wilson who also installed a cambelt at around 108,000 miles.

Of all the cars I’ve previously owned which includes includes an S13 and S14 200sx an ST205 Celica GT4, 3.0 M3, this is the only car I’ve ever owned for more than 12 months which says a lot for the Supra. I doubt I’ll ever own a car that can offer more performance / £ and I really would have kept it if I could.

Anyway, the point is, the car does not require any money spending on it and it will be a while before it does due to all the maintenance I have already carried out.

Finally, I am hoping to get in the region of £9,500.00, but naturally, this is negotiable. I still have the HPI certificate from when I bought the car but, of course, I would advise any potential buyer to carry out their own checks.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Click on thumbnails for hi res pics

Nito, the active spoiler is fixed in the down position, I don't know of any fmic that will still allow it to be active. You couldn't have seen my car that far south, in 2 1/2 years I've never travelled further than Birmingham since I bought it, which was in in Devon.

The reason my renewal is so high is due to my daily driver Citroen Xantia being written off in April, I keep ringing the insurance company but they keep saying the matter is pending.

So, is anyone interested ? :)

That seems cheap to me for a car so sorted... I wouldn't be surprised if you could get 10k+ for it to be honest - these are the sort of cars people will buy regardless of price (within reason) simply because they're so rare! PS if insurance is the problem, why not try Lancaster? They did me an excellent quote for less than half that and I'm 22.

Cheers,

Francis

Thanks Francis, I'm 33 and live in Bradford, there's no chance the insurance is going to be appreciably lower, I rang about 6 companies, all quoted in excess of £2,200.00. I've also got a CD10 endorsement on my license (56 day Ban) but have been told this has only a small effect. I had planned to sell in the summer anyway.

You're absolutely right Michael, this is most people's ideal spec Supra, I spent about nine months looking for it and made a 600 mile round trip to buy it.

Hi, just to let any interested parties know that the car is still available.

I think January isn't the ideal time for selling, had a few pm's but no commitments yet.

Better hurry if you're thinking about it, you'll be kicking yourselves once it's gone. :)

By the way, I'm sure most of you will have worked it out from the pictures what the exhaust is but I didn't actually mention it in my original post.

HKS Super Drager, still have the invoice for £545.00, ouch, but that includes a coffin sized HKS box.:D

This is an absolute steal for someone, it's perfect. The only thing I'd change is the TRD badge on the back for a Toyota one, but only cause I'm a bit anal! Put it this way, I purchased my UK TT6 with 95k miles 8 months ago for 11k... in red and with less new bits (IC & rad)... most people on here would say that black is more desirable (although I personally wanted red).. so all in all a fantastic buy, snap her up!

Thanks Green Peace, since deciding to sell, the car suddenly seems more desirable to me. Almost like how I felt before I bought it, kind of weird, even though it's still in my garage it's like I dont have it anymore.

I've seen the pics of your's too, looks fantastic, that green reminds me of my old S14 200sx.

Anyway, I don't want to go on or I'll convince my self that there's some way to keep the car. :badidea:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.