The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crankshaft Front Oil Seal 2jzgte

supra mkiv

Crankshaft Front Oil Seal, is they always put pieces on the 2jzgte engines, because I reused it from my old oil pump, and now there is oil on the oil pan. by replacing anything it, is there some thing I can do before installation so it does not leak back, or should it just be pushed in on the crankshaft?

Edited by supra mkiv (see edit history)

ok. is the original one buys at toyota good enough. what i can read i some off the treads is at it gonna leak after three months. is that korrekt or is the originale fine. and what do you mean with the last you road (no further otherwise you'll block the relief passage.

)

i have push it all the way in,and when I had to pick it out it went to pieces, so I have ordered a new one

I have another question. oil pump is a mark, one for when you have to mount timing belt, and then there is the one on the actual shaft in oil pump, it is very important that the two brands next to each other or?

ok. thanks a lot.

another question: the new crankshaft oil seal. now long should i push it down. tlincens writes this: Just make sure you don't push it all the way in. It needs to be pushed on until the front is just flush with the oil pump body? but where is that? in the pic there is a red line and black line, which one should I use? the red or black?

003 (2).JPG

The one that's furthest forward. (I can't tell from your pic, which is which!)

Imagine if you pushed the seal on with a flat piece of metal that was bigger than the boss on the oil pump, where the flat piece of metal would touch the pump is where it should sit flush to.

maybe :) here is a pic :)

That seal is pushed way too far in and will badly obstruct the oil drain aperture, which is why your seal is leaking, coupled with the fact that its a used seal.

Your other pic of the crank where the seal lip sits look a little worn, but if its not sever it can be rectified with VERY careful use of some fine emery or wet n dry.

The problem with the Supra pumps is lack of drain area, if the pump is at all worm oil will escape the rotor faces and need to drain back to the sump. The tiny hole only allows a certain volume of oil to flow per second before pressure rises and the oil seal is subject to pressure, which it's not really designed to counter. It then leaks... A worn bearing surafce where the seal lip sits on the nose of the crank exacerbates things further. As a guide, see the photos I took years ago, below. The three drain holes in the race Skyline engine pump allow a LOT more oil flow from the faces of the rotors than the tiny Supra single hole. The design of the Supra pump precludes opening this hole up much at all, hence pump, seal and crank nose must all be 100% to stop any issues. Oil dilution by over fuelling in badly mapped, or"on the way to the rolling road" modified engines running mad rich can cause pump internal wear in very short order. Internal wear = leakage, which the drain hole is incapable of accommodating.

skypump.jpg

suprapump.jpg

suprapump2.jpg

That seal is pushed way too far in and will badly obstruct the oil drain aperture, which is why your seal is leaking, coupled with the fact that its a used seal.

Your other pic of the crank where the seal lip sits look a little worn, but if its not sever it can be rectified with VERY careful use of some fine emery or wet n dry.

what do you mean with the last you wrote? can you take the pic and put a circle around the area you're talking about? it's a little easier for me to understand what you taking about :)

The problem with the Supra pumps is lack of drain area, if the pump is at all worm oil will escape the rotor faces and need to drain back to the sump. The tiny hole only allows a certain volume of oil to flow per second before pressure rises and the oil seal is subject to pressure, which it's not really designed to counter. It then leaks... A worn bearing surafce where the seal lip sits on the nose of the crank exacerbates things further. As a guide, see the photos I took years ago, below. The three drain holes in the race Skyline engine pump allow a LOT more oil flow from the faces of the rotors than the tiny Supra single hole. The design of the Supra pump precludes opening this hole up much at all, hence pump, seal and crank nose must all be 100% to stop any issues. Oil dilution by over fuelling in badly mapped, or"on the way to the rolling road" modified engines running mad rich can cause pump internal wear in very short order. Internal wear = leakage, which the drain hole is incapable of accommodating.

year i can see what you mean, toyota could learn a little from nissan :)