The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suicide Jump !

Soo

Hi Folks,

Thought that title would get you looking - you are a gruesome bunch :p

For some strange reason I have signed up to do a tandem jump out of an aeroplane in about three weeks :taped:

I'm doing it on behalf of the Stroke Association as my Mum-in-Law died earlier this year and our Service Manager (of 25 years) died two weeks ago, both from strokes.

I know that moneys tight at the mo and there's better things you could spend it on (banning Michael again) :) but if you wanted to put a little my way, I would appreciate it lots xxx

Gatso is helping in his own small way as he's promised that if I die in the attempt he'll e-bay my shoes and donate the money (you can tell he's a Yorkshireman) :rolleyes:

You should be able to just click on the link below which will take you to my JustGiving page (susansimpson9) and they take as little as £2.00.

If I survive I'll pop some pics up on here (Ged says if I don't, he will) :(

I'm totally terrified now :Pling:

Thanx for reading this, and hopefully dontaing just a little of your hard earned cash to The Stroke Association.

Soo xxx

http://www.justgiving.com/susansimpson9

I can only think that somewhere she's seen a hunky instructor that she intends to be strapped to - hope it's a little blonde female one instead (remember to take camera just in case) :D

Can't think what possesed her - Soo hates flying and I've got the scars in my hand from last years holiday to prove it (fingernails on take-off) :Pling:

I'm sure she doesn't realise yet that they won't come round with nuts and double brandy & coke like ususal :p

Remember to keep your legs closed on the way down, it'll stop you whistling...;)

Seriously though, well done, I'll donate something as my grandad died of this a few yers ago.:)

Thank you ........ mum in law died in January of a stroke and my engineer died 2 weeks ago at 52 from a stroke.......!!

Excellent cause or else i wouldnt do such a barmy thing lolxxxx

Do you want a pictures of what happens when it goes wrong ? :D

In all seriousness it will be a wonderul experience, try not to be scared, open your eyes and enjoy the ride, it is over far too quickly.

Strangely enough since signing up for this i have seen a video new report of a bloke whose shute didnt open and he was in a back brace !!! CSI was about a bloke who tried to commit harry karry by cutting his lines and today there was a new item about somebody whose canopy didnt open ......so no pics not required thank you LMAO :rolleyes:

Good luck Soo it's a great cause and your either mad or very brave ;)

My nan had a stroke so I know how awful they are.

Thanks Lynz...definitely MAD !!!!

People dont realise how often strokes affect people i dont think

Soo x

Thanks Lynz...definitely MAD !!!!

People dont realise how often strokes affect people i dont think

Soo x

I think I would probably have to put my hand up to that, never known anyone who's had or had someone close to them to have a stroke so always kind of dismissed it.

Good luck with it anyway, especially if your scared of flying, it's a very brave(or stupid :D ) thing to do.

I think I would probably have to put my hand up to that, never known anyone who's had or had someone close to them to have a stroke so always kind of dismissed it.

Good luck with it anyway, especially if your scared of flying, it's a very brave(or stupid :D ) thing to do.

Lol.....as i said with Lynz....definitely STUPID but sometimes you gotta put your money where your mouth is...:sos:

Hats off to you Sue, what an amazing cause to raise money for….…..:thumbs:

My Mum has had two major strokes the first when she was only 38, they are a very traumatic illness (if you call an illness) to cope with in the short term and in the long term. :(

Sorry for the small donation, due to redundancy.

Good Luck Sue, will be thinking of you

Gx

Hats off to you Sue, what an amazing cause to raise money for….…..:thumbs:

My Mum has had two major strokes the first when she was only 38, they are a very traumatic illness (if you call an illness) to cope with in the short term and in the long term. :(

Sorry for the small donation, due to redundancy.

Good Luck Sue, will be thinking of you

Gx

Hey Genna

No donation is too little hun...and we all know about the credit crunch xxxx Nice you have donated the amount in hard times.

Hope you and Lee are well...catch up soon xxxx

:thanks:

Just got sent a pic of your jump very brave!

Oh yep for sure......the pic will be great....big gaping chasm.....thatd be my mouth as i scream on the way down lmao

No seriously if the opportunity arises a pic will be posted xxx

:scared:

Click on this and it should take you to my justgiving donation page so you can all see how the funds are going....at any time please feel free to top it up lol.....no donation to small (OR LARGE )

xxxxxxSue

Click on this and it should take you to my justgiving donation page so you can all see how the funds are going....at any time please feel free to top it up lol.....no donation to small (OR LARGE )

xxxxxxSue

You fail... :p

G x