The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Likwidart badges/decals group buy

Kranz

As a few of you have been asking about Likwidart badges, and we have also had some contact with Rob of Likwidart, we have decided to run a group buy to get these at a discounted rate and also test the water to see if we should stock these as club merchandise.

Rob has kindly sent pictures of his products.

Prices will be £12.50 (Tax disc cover £10) + a small amount of P&P depending on number of items ordered. THIS GROUP BUY WILL RUN FOR 2 WEEKS (Ends 13/07/08).

Post your requirements here in the form of eg

1) Kranz: 1 Horned - Black, 1 'Supra' - Chrome, 2 Twin Turbo - Twin Red, Turbo Chrome.

Colours need to be listed for each item please.

GO!!

http://www.phase9.tv/images1a/Rat_Race_-John_Cleese.jpg

Edit - A few more pictures added & some info from Rob @ Likwidart:

On removing any of the original Toyota or Supra badges - Easiest if you use a Hair Dryer to thoroughly warm the underlying adhesive before prizing the logo away - saves loosing your finger nails or risking any paintwork coming off with the original badge. When the badge is removed it will leave the original foam adhesive on the car, so to remove that without scratching your paintwork get some "Zippo"/swan lighter fluid (any newsagents) and literally saturate the foam for a couple of minutes while wearing gloves - keeping it "wet" at all times - saturate a rag or some toilet roll and hold it on for a few mins 'till completely saturated - I guarantee it won't mark/harm or damage your paintwork in the slightest. If soaked enough the lighter fluid will soften the foam adhesive, you can then just rub/roll it off with your fingers. If there are any marks, shadows, scratches or indentations left where the original badge was then these can be taken away/cleaned off easily with T-Cut - if you've got some marks that are real hard to shift then use "Farecla G4" rubbing paste first then T-Cut after - Halfords or any MotorFactors. The Likwidart Toyota badge will fit exactly over the original underlying location holes - position horns as supplied (if using them).

If anyone has any questions please call me on 01922 645938 or mobile 07866 784434 or email [email protected] (a call anytime/day before 10pm is preferable!).

So far I haven't developed a Supra badge for the original steering wheel because I suspect it will not stick indefinitely to the type of plastic used in the wheel centre - it's the sort of plastic that "sweats" and thereby "pushes" self adhesive things off when the inside of the car gets hot on rare sunny days - If there's enough interest in a Supra steering wheel logo I'll look at developing one.

Likwidart badges are made of a mega complicated industrial compound originally developed for the US space program. This was then was adopted by the "big guys only" in the car manufacturing trade for wheel hub caps etc (hard wearing endurance areas) - then in 1998 I got hold of it and designed, developed and authenticated Lik Wid Art (Likwidart). It's tougher and more durable than Chrome plate or Glass. The material is chemical impervious, non scratch/markable and UV stable. Since I developed this concept there are now similar copies which utilise cheaper and far more inferior materials even in the world car manufacturing arena (which I can't by law mention!). Likwidart materials are produced by one company alone and they are unique to the industry. Likwidart products are made with the best materials the world has to offer from various sources, not mass produced but all individually hand made and individually quality checked by yours truly, the "Art of Science" - definitely not plastic and definitely not "stickers"! (wouldn't put that on my car myself!).

Regards - Rob - Likwidart.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question, are the old ones easy to get off do you use a kettle to get them off? and i take it these just stick on? Out of interest do you have any pics of them pearl badges on a black car?

Please dont tell me you pour boiling hot water over you car to get sticky bits off.?. A hair dryer and patience will be enough and some wd40 on a rag will get the remainders off.

A question, are the old ones easy to get off do you use a kettle to get them off? and i take it these just stick on? Out of interest do you have any pics of them pearl badges on a black car?

Don't know how easy to get off. A member may have a pic, otherwise these are the pics I have (not including John Cleese).

I used a kettle on my old astra to debadge it then i buffed up the paint again took under a minute to come off, I will try it your way thou if its better.

it will come off with a pull an leave the glue behind. can be picked off and with the use of a wet rag. Good luck :)

1) Darragh: 2 Black Horned, 1 Black Supra, 1 Black And Red Twin Turbo

2) AndrewOW: 2 Black Toyota logos (no horns)

3) Gatso: 1 Supra and 1 Twin Turbo

Saw in the flesh at the Japshow, really nice, look the dogs :)

Cheers

G

Just to help re the "horns - no horns" requests.

The last ones I got all came with horns which are supplied but can be used or not as you wish, so no need to specify.

Yep, that's right. Thanks mate :D

Just to help re the "horns - no horns" requests.

The last ones I got all came with horns which are supplied but can be used or not as you wish, so no need to specify.

Yeah I did suspect that was the case (horns look separate), but just to make sure I thought I'd mention it :)

That black on black looks fantastic.:cool:

Doesn't it just :) I liked the subtle look. I didn't want to de-badge the car, so I did the next best thing IMO.

I want to do the same thing with the Toyota badges. They are resprayed OEM ones at the moment, and aren't in the best condition.

1) Darragh: 2 Black Horned, 1 Black Supra, 1 Black And Red Twin Turbo

2) AndrewOW: 2 Black Toyota logos (no horns)

3) Gatso: 1 Supra and 1 Twin Turbo

4) Johnd-mkiv 1 toyoa logo black, 1 supra logo black

5) Scotster 2 Horny Badges Logo's Black, 1 Supra Logo Black

not sure how to add my self on the list can anyone help?

I want 1 chrome supra and 2 toyota badges (horned)

Thanks

Press the quote button under my list. Delete the

parts, add your name to the list and hit submit reply.

I know you asked to have it done but you might as well learn :)

Press the quote button under my list. Delete the parts, add your name to the list and hit submit reply.

I know you asked to have it done but you might as well learn :)

Or just highlight the text and select copy then paste into the new message and add yourself :p