The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra v8 poss 4 sale...

rxv8

Right,i am possibly moving down to the south west coast cornwall in the near future depending on a few things...so even though i have just finished al the hard work on the car,i feel it would be wasted down there as there are not many if any jap car shows,supra meets,drag racing etc etc...and the money would come in handy towards a new house...so heres the rough spec as i am probably going to miss loads...

the car started life as a 1993 black toyota supra n/a auto...the engine was then changed for a chevy small block 355ci,which is 5.8 litres...

All the parts will take a big big power increase of a supercharger or single turbo if some one wanted to...so whos gonna buy it and stick a t51r on it...@)

The heads are aliminuim 195cc street cnc heads made by Air Flow Research,which are one of the best ali heads you can buy,(These heads feature a 74cc combustion chamber with a 64cc exhaust port and a 3/4'' thick head deck (ideal for nitrous or blower applications). Standard valves are 2.020 intake and 1.600 exhaust with AFR’s hardened ductile iron interlocking valve seats. The exceptional flow characteristics, ideal operating range of 2000 rpm to 6500 rpm, 23º valve angle)

Air Flow Research double valve springs

Crane roller rockers 1.6 ratio,gold series

Total seal commetic head gaskets,the best you can buy,(The head gaskets are made of MLS (multi-layered steel) which can withstand high horsepower motors with nitrous or blowers. You won't need to o-ring your block if you use these gaskets, if you are running high boost.)

Camshaft is a comp cams 292h hydraulic cam shaft,501 Lift, 292 Duration with a 2500-6500 RPM Range.

intake is edelbrock rpm dual plane

exhaust headers are ceramicoated shorties with 2.5" of headers into 3" to a single borla xr-1 4" single box...:):):):):)

edelbrock 750cfm polished series carb

edelbrock 14"x3" polished air filter

flexicool polished water hoses

billet ali welded rocker cover

pro flow high capacity polished water pump

custom radiator

supra radiator,with twin pro 14" fans with sender kit comes on at preset temp

digital water temp guage

digital oil pressure guage

5" monster tacho sunk into dash with shift light and recall

Tilton 22mm clutch master cylinder

Monkey clutch hydraulic release bearing

mc loud street twin plate clutch and lightened flywheel,with arp bolts(RATED TO 1200HP)

keisler racing t56 6 speed gearbox with keisler sbc bellhousing,gearbox is BRAND NEW and has carbon shifter pads,steel forks etc,they say the box will do 700rwhp if the car weighs 3000pounds...plenty...

custom shortened prop

custom engine mounts,profesionally made with poly bushes

gearbox mounts are also polybushed

bomex type 1 rear spoiler

bomex front bumper

oem side skirts and rear spats

19" axis hero alloys in black

235 fronts and 265 rears

clifford alarm

mot end of sep

tax 6 months

i know i have missed loads but please pm me of you are genuinely serious...price is going to be £10,500 ovvvvvvvvvno...which is less than it has cost me...may take a cheap/interesting p/x...@)

Guest Angry Koala
if it does not sell i will take with me,but seems a waste as there are not many shows etc etc to go to in cornwall...

Cornwall has in fact been celebrating road links to the rest of the UK since 1987....... :p

Keep hold of it and have even more fun on the drive to and from the shows :D

Very nice indeed, I would love to own this car, I was wondering about the power figures, the ftlb torque figure seems low for such a big engine, my 305 Chevy engine makes 245 BHP and 311 ftlb and its 25 years old :), do you think that figure was correct ?

dean,i went to have the fueling checked,but because the rev counter had not been wired up it was sort of a guestimate at the revs,which was pretty hard as its so noisey,so went of the dyno rpm so dont really know how accurate that is...so could not check timimg either as the msd was playing havock with the timing light,i am also changing back to the 14"x3" air filter as the air cleaner system i made as you can see through the bonnet looks pretty but its zapping the power badly,as the engine before it came form the camaro was 400+...it certainly feel brisk...

dean,i went to have the fueling checked,but because the rev counter had not been wired up it was sort of a guestimate at the revs,which was pretty hard as its so noisey,so went of the dyno rpm so dont really know how accurate that is...so could not check timimg either as the msd was playing havock with the timing light,i am also changing back to the 14"x3" air filter as the air cleaner system i made as you can see through the bonnet looks pretty but its zapping the power badly,as the engine before it came form the camaro was 400+...it certainly feel brisk...

Ah that makes sense then, I am sure that set up is making much more power than you have stated, which would have been a good bartering tool if I had the space for another car !

I think this car has HUGE potential

Stand by my first post though, stunning car and very much one I would like to own

Guest mattsupra

damn i would love this supe but spent all my money on other things as usual :(

good luck with the sale

Guest Kazimodo

Hi there,I know I shouldnt ask,but what sort of MPG do you get with this lovely looking beast?soo tempting.

kaz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.