The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Passed my DAS today :-)

Gerry

I've been yearning for another bike every summer since I sold my last one (BSA Starfire 250) in 1976 :blink:

Decided to bite the bullet, become a "born again biker" and get me a donercycle before the new harder / more expensive bike test comes in next month, so booked a four day intensive course covering basic bike training (CBT) plus conversion to proper bike test (DAS) which will give me access to any bike unrestricted :)

FOUR DAYS OF HELL... four nights of little sleep, weird dreams and waking up sweating with thought of mesing my U turn up and failing my test.

I completly underestimated how much you forget in 33 years in the way of general bike handling, and had four days of jerky starts, juddering stops and wobbly cornering.

Took my mock test yesterday which I failed three times over, including managing to mount the pavement on the dreaded U turn.

Big day this morning and was resigned to keep calm and be chilled - worked like a dream and passed easily with only two minors (allowed up to 16 and still pass).

Delighted and massivly relieved that I didn't let myself or my trainer down.

The ride back from the test centre was brilliant, no eyes following my every (jerky) move and no radio in my ear reminding me to do (yet another) check backwards :)

Not sure what bike to start with yet, but thinking of a sensible 650 / 750ish sports jap screamer. Work my way up to a big Ducati :D

Looking forward to a nice sleep tonight :)

Biker Ged :D

Best quote from yesterday:

"GERRY... GET THE BIKE OFF THE PAVEMENT" :D

G :)

Well done Gerry!! :D

I love bike's I have one of my own...well sort of...

Except that it is only a 125cc...:(

Still goes though...:)

I want to do my bike test before the new one comes in but that looks very unlikely...:(

How hard and expensive is the new test supposed to be??

Congratulations :)

silversoop new bike test doesnt seem too bad, i have seen it done on an open day at test centre looks hard on 125 getting upto the required speeds in the compound but looks ok on 500+ bikes

will probably need a little more training but on a bike i dont think thats a bad thing

Congratulations :)

silversoop new bike test doesnt seem too bad, i have seen it done on an open day at test centre looks hard on 125 getting upto the required speeds in the compound but looks ok on 500+ bikes

will probably need a little more training but on a bike i dont think thats a bad thing

From the little I understand, there seeems to be one adcantage of the new two part test. The first off road skills will be cheap and the on road will be the expensive part - so if you fail the off road, you can take it again cheaply.

At the moment, one dab of the foot on the floor on a U turn and you have lost £80 for the entire test.

As I understand it :blink:

I'm still wrecked, stayed up unitil after 1am looking at bikes on the net and woke up at 6am feeling excited... ffs, I'm to old for this little sleep :)

PS... did have much fun waking Soo up at 6.30 wearing my bike gloves - she always wanted to wake up next to a Biker Dude :eyebrows:

Well done Gerry :thumbs:

5ltr Boss Hogg ??

Going to look at bikes this morning - look, not buy... must not be tempted until I decide exactly what is right and sensible !

The trouble is with bikes as (like fast cars) you can be easily tempted as it's a 99% emotional purchase.

I keep repeating the mantra ... MUST NOT LOOK AT BIG RED DUCATI'S - MUST NOT LOOK AT BIG RED DUCATI'S etc etc..

G :)

• 2 weeks later...
Oh my word, that looks HOT, especially in those colours.

I can imagine you in white leather trowsers and a black jacket :rlol:

Are you buying private or from a dealer?

Whilst I'm obviously flattered to be the object of your boyhood imagination, I must remind you MrPig that I'm a married man :p

-----------------

Still not decided, I keep going from sensible to silly.

If I can afford what i want from a dealer I would prefer to spend a bit more and at least have a little warranty.

Enjoying looking at the mo.

-----------------=

Re scooters, never really fancied one. Have you ever been to the Brighton Burn Up, loads of Mods & Scooters :)