The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bent active spoiler

hadyn

Unfortunately my girlfriend today managed to drive my Supra into a concrete curb and has bent the side of the active spoiler frame on the drivers side :(

When I push the spoiler button to deploy the spoiler with the engine off, the spoiler will drop but will not stay down and goes back up immediately. The spoiler light also begins to flash

Also when going above 60mph the spoiler light starts to flash and the red triangle warning light comes on probably indicating that the spoiler is not deploying.

Whats the best way to cure this? Bend the spoiler frame back so it sits flush? When the spoiler is back up the part under the drivers side still hangs out a bit, so im presuming the ECU thinks the spoiler is deployed when its not causing problems?

So any feedback or ideas on how to sort this would be appreciated!!

If the frames already bent, Im sure it cant hurt to try and bend it back.

Remove the spoiler and see if the warning triangle stop showing up when the spoiler should be deployed. It could be a problem with the motor, maybe jammed from the impact?

Right bent the frame back today and the spoiler deploys properly with the engine off and stays down too.

Have yet to test it on the roll above 60mph, but I presuming that if the spoiler comes down when you hold the button with the engine off it will deploy OK at speed?

Guest dangerousandy

Hi, I have a UK spec with an active front spoiler. My spoiler stays down without having to hold the button ( with the engine off and ignition on).

• 2 weeks later...