The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FSE Power Boost Valves! Absolute pile of shite!

osso

If you have a BPU set-up and use an FSE power boost valve (fuel regulator) installed on your car, I would seriously recommend that you ask yourself what you are trying to achieve, and justify why you need it in the first place.

My VVTi Supra is currently on the market (now provisionally sold), It was viewed by a potential purchaser over the bank holiday weekend! couldn't fault the car until he followed me while I was driving and noticed a puff of black smoke when I was booting it and shifting gears, it was something I've not noticed before, it was obviously running rich, perhaps too rich.

The car was at phoenix today for a service, spark plugs were changed, and the fuelling was looked at, along with a leak down test to ensure everything was ok internally! I couldn't be bothered checking out the FSE regulator and opted to re install the original stock fuel regulator, and WOW! what a difference! Its so much more responsive, my car is now running better than it has ever been! I am absolutely amazed at the difference! It also feels more torquier at lower revs which was something I wasn't expecting, maybe with the car being a VVTi as something to do with it? The leak down test found nothing wrong with the cylinders, and the air to fuel ratio was checked out by Terry, and its now spot on! :thumbs:

http://www.apcw56.dsl.pipex.com/fse1.jpg

If you've got this fuel regulator installed on your supra, I would seriously recommend that you BIN IT, whoever sold you the FSE, hang em buy the fucking balls!! :D

:respekt: Goes to Terry Saunders and Mark from Phoenix who helped me out today :respekt:

That's generally what I've heard too.

Perhaps if you're running twin uprated fuel pumps to a massive fuel rail on a single turbo conversion you will want to properly regulate the fuel pressure. But a decent one. I run a Malpassi on the kit to prevent the carbs flooding.

Poor bloke. He comes on here trying to ward off everyone doing his good member bit and not to listen the marketing hype that surrounds these gizmos (which he or the previous owner was understandably sucked into) all you do is try to make him feel stupid and take the piss.

Poor bloke. He comes on here trying to ward off everyone doing his good member bit and not to listen the marketing hype that surrounds these gizmos (which he or the previous owner was understandably sucked into) all you do is try to make him feel stupid and take the piss.

Ian C has been saying they are a worthless pile of mangled junk for years! I have just confirmed this, but with less techincal mumbo jumbo :D

I am the first owner who was sucked into buying this FSE from certain members on this board 3 years ago, when they were raving about how damn good they were!

Agreed the FSE's aren't particularly any good, however the question is why did you have one in the first place? Surely increasing the fuel pressure on a car that doesnt NEED the pressure increased is only going to put you backwards anyway? (ie ANY increase in fuel pressure would have been pointless FSE or some other manufacturer) Or am I missing something?

Or am I missing something?

The idea is it maintains a steady flow of fuel at a set pressure which is right for the tuned state of the engine and eliminate possible pulsing from the fuel pumps. Not really to increase pressure, as Ian put it "some ghastly crutch for an inadequate fuel system".