The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FSE Power Boost Leak

DaveM

I have gone to start the car up this morning and am getting a strong smell of petrol.

On investigation it looks as if the leak is on the FSE Power Boost Valve and probably coming through one of the two nuts on top of the valve (the top nut was loose).

I have just done a quick search on here and can see that these valves have a history of leaking and now have it as my number one priority to change back to the original FPR.

However I need to get this immediate problem fixed and make the car safe to drive.

The main question is do the two nuts on the top of the valve adjust anything as I am worried about tightening them up, adjusting the fuel pressure and making the engine go bang.

Hopefully tightening the locknut will stop the leak.

If I need to remove any of the petrol hoses from the power boost valve do I need to do anything to depressurise the fuel injection system (to stop petrol spraying everywhere) or am I okay providing the ignition is not switched on?

Tightening the lock nut has stopped the fuel leak, it just makes me feel a little uneasy about whether it will start leaking again and cause some engine damage (or worse).

To be honest if I replace it with anything it ill be the stock FPR.

Thanks for help