The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flowtest Bosch 044,Walbro 416lph, Walbro 255lph, Denso 950-0155

Mario

Nice find. I have been looking for something like this for some time.

I note, whilst the Walbro unit has some superb flow rates at relatively low PSI, there is a significant change in flow rate vs PSI. The Bosch on the other hand has a relatively low flow rate change vs PSI.

Is this significant?

I am in the process of swapping my Bosch pump for a single Walbro 450lph pump. I chose to do this as the flow appears to be enough, with uprated lines, for my power target of 800bhp. I want to avoid the staggered twin pump setup due to complexity and noise.

Any opinions or thoughts on this? Is fuel pressure regulated accurately enough with an FPR to maximise a single pump at 800bhp?

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

They are showing information from three totally different sources. No temperature offset figures, and as Wes mentions, no current draw figures. Very poor comparison. You usually find things that need to run a low voltage DC motor, hard, and are also miniaturised suffer reliability and heating issues. You DO NOT want to be heating your fuel more than necessary. That's why the Bosch one is a big bugger, it has a big motor run conservatively.... And it's why 95% of professional motorsport teams run Bosch fuel pumps rather than anything else.