The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Auto Single syvecs 580bhp - £8500 ono

caseys

For sale due to new company car and lack of use - this could be used and cared for by someone who has the time!

Summary

580bhp / 560lbft @ 1.6bar mapped by 2BarTuning (Dec 2011)

Toyota Supra UK-spec Auto in Red (3L2 - yes it's still red)

121k miles

Full service @ whifbitz 1k miles ago (Dec 2011)

£4.5k spent Dec 2011 on mapping, fitting of manifold, WG, diffuser & full service @ whifbitz

Full head rebuild inc valve stem seals in 2009

Taxed until March 2013

MOT until July 2012 - will re-MOT if I get very near asking price

£9000 ovno

Recently had a lot of work inc full service by Whifbitz, twin wastegate manifold, new intake, new fuelling, new intercooler. Syvecs S6GP fitted and mapped by Ryan - incs full knock, boost control, trac control, oil temp, water temp, intake temp sensors wired in with conservative trips.

As it's a UK-spec car and I use another car for work insurance costs are not high on a classic policy - £189/year inc agreed value for 5k/miles a year fully comp.

I have owned this car for over 5 years, having bought it off another club member, spending a fair amount of money to get it to where I'd like it mechanically. This is my 2nd supra, having owned a NA for a few years before that. I just don't get to use it anymore and thought I would after getting it to where I wanted, but I just can't kid myself and I don't find the time. I now have a company car and a small daughter, so finding opportunities to use it are thin.

Car could do with a respray - I would say stone chips due to age and the TRD blade on the wing needs a polish or re-laquer (it will also come with the stock red spoiler) A few pics show the chipping on the spats and the brake ducts part.

El-glo dials / dash I was looking long term to refurb as it's not to everyone's tastes. Aux belt squeaks a bit when cold, think this may just be down to dirt buildup on the pulleys due to lack of use.

The lowdown :

Engine

Whifbitz twin wastegate manifold

ARP head stud kit

Full head rebuild @ AFR by dude

All gaskets replaced (during my ownership)

All pumps replaced (during my ownership)

All pulleys replaced (during my ownership)

New OEM Rad 3 years ago

All stock internals

Whifbitz alternator pulley

Supersport Coil packs fitted (Dec 2011)

Stock crank pulley replaced 4 years ago

Whifbitz hard radiator pipe

Turbo & Induction

Garett GT35R .70AR undivided @ 1.6 bar (safely mapped to 1.8bar)

2x Turbosmart 45mm wastegates

Whifbitz induction pipe, K&N Filter

Whifbitz Intercooler, stainless piping to throttle body

Whifbitz EGR tank

Fuel, Tuning & ECU

Syvecs S6GP fitted & Mapped by 2BarTuning - Low boost 1.0bar, High boost 1.6 bar

Syvecs Traction Control (sounds lovely - only heard it in the wet!)

Whifbitz Fuel Rail

Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors

Bosch 044 fuel pump

SARD FPR

New Exide battery fitted (Jan 2012 £165) - better than Optima Yellowtop imho

Exhaust

Whifbitz 4" downpipe

Whifbitz 4" midpipe

Whifbitz 3.5" twin box system

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes

Rota GTR 18s in black

BC Racing adjustable coilers (bought from whifbitz)

OEM UK Calipers + discs - Front callipers, disks and pads *replaced not refurbed*

GR Briaded brake lines

Motul RBF600 brake fluid

Interior & ICE

Carbon/Alcantara/Cloth Cobra Misanos (rails supplied by Whifbitz)

Black roof lining

Clifford Concept 650 alarm with intellistart and smart windows

Stock cream carpet

Stock cream leather rear seats

El-Glo Dials

Alpine iPod/iPhone Head unit

Directed 4-channel Amp in boot driving :

Alpine Type-R 4-way Components in Rear with crossovers

Front Pheonix Gold speakers fitted but not wired.

Exterior

UK Spec glass headlights replaced in 2011

Do-Luck front bumper (could do with some TLC)

Shine Auto rear carbon diffuser (fitted Dec 2011 @ whifbitz)

Stock rear spats

ABFlug Type 1 skirts (tbc)

TRD Carbon blade wing

HID 6k kit

Massive box of receipts (£10k+ of bits and work). Just ask Ryan G how responsive this car is!

Link to vehicle on the ECU register inc dyno map

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?129455-Supra-ECU-Register&p=3271365&viewfull=1#post3271365

Btw I know many will doubt the stock autobox will survive this power rating - this has been adjusted with the syvecs where torque is dropped down to a safe level during the gear change process for a few milliseconds then ramped back up so full throttle shifts are not a problem on this setup.

Excuse the camera phone pictures.

Available to view whenever - work from home 25-50% of the time.

Any questions please feel free to ask. Stupid questions please feel free to PM

Front

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7197/6875008610_497e3593a0_b.jpg

Rear

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7105/6875007888_3dba83f926_b.jpg

Engine bay

Turbo and intake

Whifbitz fuel rail just visible - purple anodised alu

SARD FPR

Battery and hard piping

Cabin from LHS

Drivers side

Picture of fade on TRD blade

Stone chips on LHS

RR result

Sorry for highjacking your thread slightly but who insures you for £189 with 5k mileage and agreed value ?

GLWTS

£189 is the premium, then insurance tax, admin charges take it to £230-ish? Also helps I live in a town with zero crime as >66% of the population is over 70 :)

I'll PM you

£189 is the premium, then insurance tax, admin charges take it to £230-ish? Also helps I live in a town with zero crime as >66% of the population is over 70 :)

I'll PM you

Thanks for the pm and info here :thumbs:

FYI - the sideskirts are not stock as listed...

They are Abflug Type 1 sideskirts and are very rare...only other car I have seen them on is the Wangan Supra which belongs to Steve.m!

Thank you for that bit of info chap - never knew that. I thought they were stock, but obviously not :-) I'm getting some more photos later this evening hopefully so could verify if possible!

Other useful bits of info for people re the syvecs setup :

Syvecs mapped to High 1.6 bar and Low 1.0 bar

Safely mapped on SRR to 1.8 bar

Full traction control wired to stock ABS sensors by Ryan G

Full boost control

Full closed loop knock control

AFR sensor

Oil temp sensors inc conservative max threshold trip

Oil pressure sensors inc conservative trip, also checks oil pressure on startup (makes it crank a couple of seconds longer)

Water temp sensors inc conservative trip

Air intake temp sensor by throttle body

One sensor position left on unit - could be used for EGTs

Ryan was amazed at how quickly this car spooled as well as how tightly it controlled the boost, helped by Paul's twin manifold wastegate and 2x45m Turbosmart WGs.

Recent 140mile run on high boost setting in the dry achieved avr 24mpg. Checked with sCal, intercooler shows intake temps pre and post intercooler and must say Mr Whiffin's intercooler on a hot day was taking a 40c intake temp down to 32c in what'd be a very warm bay!

Other pic in my garage here

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=3387

Please ignore the silver 19s, they're long gone.... made the car squirm like a shopping trolley imho.

For clarification as I've had questions about it - the car is not running 1.8bar, it was mapped up to 1.8bar at SRR to check it could safely run this, but it is currently mapped to 1.6bar. I don't have the power figures for the 1.8bar run but I can check with Ryan. Also means if you ever get any overboost condition you know it's not going to run lean.

Also new Supersport coilpacks were fitted during mapping as the old ones were shot. Some coilpack clips were also changed over.

Caseys, this car looks like a really good buy for someone and the the general condition seems good but the only black mark i reckon is the engine bay condition, from a cleaning perspective. Its a beautiful car and anyone buying is obviously focusing alot on that department so i reckon if you can give it a wee buff up then it will really set this car off.

This is in no way a Dig, its just a friendly suggestion to bring out the best for your lovely Supra. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
FYI - the sideskirts are not stock as listed...

They are Abflug Type 1 sideskirts and are very rare...only other car I have seen them on is the Wangan Supra which belongs to Steve.m!

You were indeed correct sir, they are Abflug Type 1 sideskirts on the car.

Car getting a good clean over the weekend and will try and get some more photos up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.